Chapter 59: Falling into Place

The following morning, I got up and changed. McGonogall told me that Remus dropped some clothes off the previous night while I was sleeping.
"He didn't want to see me?" I asked.
"He didn't want to disturb you."

I wore fishnet tights, with my ripped jeans, the fishnets poked out at the top of my jeans. I wore a black crop top and boots, sticking my wand into the side of my boot for easy access. I made the bed, leaving my previous nights clothes there. I had to find Draco. My cousin, my sweet and thoughtful cousin didn't even bother to see me? That's not like Draco. He'd have done anything to get out of class. I made my way down to the dungeon and knocked on the common room door, hoping someone would be there. I didn't have the password, I could guess it.
"Pure-blood." I said and the door opened revealing a set of stone steps that descend down.
Their password is 'pure-blood'? Godric help them. I made my way down and saw some students gathered in the dark, common room. Part of it was under water, giving the room a tint of green light. It was beautiful.
"What are you doing in here?"
"Oh Goyle, where's Draco?" I asked.
"How did you get in here?" He asked.
"Your password is Pure-Blood, a child could guess it. Now, where is Draco?" I asked and he pointed me to the corner, where I saw Draco sat with Pansy clinging to him, I made my way over to them.
"Draco." I said standing before them, he looked up, shocked.
"He doesn't want to see you!" Pansy shouted at me.
"Oh Pansy, always a pleasure. Do one." I said.
"You can't come barging in he-"
"Go away Pansy." Draco said and she jumped up, huffing as she left.

He stood up and dragged me out of the common room.
"No Gryffindors allowed." He said.
"I think you've forgotten, I've graduated. I'm a student of Hogwarts, Draco. I can go where I like." I said and he brought a hand to his temple as if I was giving him a headache.
"What do you want?" He asked.
"Why didn't you come to see me?" I asked and he shook his head.
"All this because I didn't come visit you in the hospital? Calm down Jessica, your narcissism is showing."
"Draco, what's gotten into you?" I asked.
"What the fuck do you think?" He asked.
The Dark Mark.
"Oh." I said and he dragged my to a quiet place where he knew nobody would be listening.
"You haven't been given one, it changes everything. They don't trust you still, and they won't till you get one."
"I don't want it." I said.
"You don't have a choice!" He should.
"I know." I shouted back as we stared at each other.
After a few moments of silence, he spoke again.
"I heard you're getting married in the summer."
"Yes."
"Augustus is a very lucky guy.... what does the wolf think?"
"I left before I could find out." I said.
"Maybe it's for the best, Augustus is nice. He deserves love too." Draco said as stood beside me, placing a comforting arm around my shoulders.
"Augustus deserves someone who loves him back."
"Can't that be you?"
"I can't force myself to love someone."
"Our family can."
"Forget that, what have you been up to?" I asked.
"They've got me spying on Potter." He said.
"Anything else?" I asked.
"Fixing a wardro-"
"Draco!" We heard a shrill voice coming towards us.

"How do you put up with her." I sighed.
"What is it?" Draco asked as Pansy came to us
"You're needed back in the common room!" She said dragging Draco away.
"Draco, tell Auntie Narcissa I'll be home for dress shopping for the wedding, bring a date, not one of your meaningless school girl flings, don't want them ruining the pictures." I said.

'I'm not just a school girl fling am I?'

I knew Draco couldn't stand her but she got in the way of valuable information. He's been fixing a wardrobe? Was he lying to me?
I found myself at the library, I managed to slip into the restricted section to see if I could find any books on evil wardrobes. That sounds so stupid. I looked at the bookshelf when I saw a familiar word. 

'Horcrux'

"Why does that seem so familiar." I asked myself.
I grabbed the book and opened it.

'A Horcrux is a powerful object in which a Dark wizard or witch has hidden a fragment of his or her soul for the purpose of attaining immortality.
Creating one Horcrux gives one the ability to anchor one's own soul to earth if the body is destroyed; the more horcruxes one creates, the closer one is to true immortality. Creating multiple Horcruxes is suggested to be costly to the creator, by both diminishing their humanity and even physically disfiguring them.'

I shrugged my shoulders and put the book back. I needed to find something on evil wardrobes.
"Miss Black, what are you doing in here? You know this area is restricted." Madam Pince said.
"Oh Madam Pince, well, I thought it was restricted for students, and you know I'm not a student anymore so..."
"Exactly, out you go." She said.
"Wait, Madam Pince. Do you know anything about Wardrobes being linked to Dark Wizards?" I asked, hoping someone would have answers.
"No."
"Oh."
"I do know of a book about Wardrobes used to hide from Dark Wizards." She said leading me out the restricted area and into the 'Magical Artefacts' section in the library.
She handed me a book and left me to my own devices.

'A pair of Vanishing Cabinets will act as a passage between two places. If an object was placed in one, it will appear in the other.
Vanishing Cabinets were highly popular during the First Wizarding War; in the event of a Death Eater attack, one could simply disappear to the other.'

"That would require them to have two, Draco said he was fixing a wardrobe, singular. Unless they have another one?"