Chapter 72: I promise

"Are you sure you did it right?"
"Is there a wrong way to pee on a stick?" I asked.
"Don't ask such absurd questions!"

We were in the kitchen, all starring at the stick as we waited for the timer to go off.
"I think I'm going to be sick again." I said holding my tummy.
I knew if I was, it would be Remus' baby, Augustus and I used protection every time, Remus and I... we get too passionate that we forget. Thankfully, Dean and Luna had already left for Hogwarts, they didn't need to hear this. The timer went off and I checked the reading.
"Shit." I said, putting the stick down, letting the others see it.
"It's ok! You'll be ok." Bill said holding me in his arms.
"20 years old is quite young, you'll be fantastic." Fleur said as she petted my hair, calming me down.

'Do you read? We've a new weather report. Lightning has struck, I repeat lightning has struck.'

We looked to the radio, it was time to go.
"You stay here." Bill said.
"No way!" I refused.
"The baby." He said.
"I'm fighting for them." I said, he knew there was no point fighting this, there was no time to change, they needed us now.

We apparated to Hogsmede, meeting up with the other members. We snuck our way into the castle, pushing open the doors to The Great Hall.
"It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies,...you still have a security problem, Headmaster. I'm afraid it's quite extensive." Harry said as a few more of us popped out.
I saw Fred and George, Mr and Mrs Weasley for the first time in months. I took their hands and they nodded to me, as if they could tell something was off.

"How dare you stand where he stood? Tell them how it happened that night? Tell them how you looked him in the eye...A man who trusted you, and killed him. Tell them!" Harry shouted as he walked to Snape.
"COWARD!" McGonagall shouted as she threw spells at Snape, I tried to find Remus, he wasn't here yet.
Snape tried to defend himself but she was too strong, the Carrow siblings were fired down as Snape broke though the window in front of us.
"COWARD!" She shouted again. 

We moved to Harry when we heard screaming, a first year, tears streaming down her face and then we heard it.

'I know that many of you will want to fight. Some of you might even think to fight is wise. But this is folly.
Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded. You have one hour.'

"What're you waiting for? Someone grab him!" Pansy said as The Order and I stood before Harry, nobody would touch him, now while we were here.
"Students out of bed! Students in the corridor!" Filch ran into The Great Hall.
"They're supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot!"
"Sorry ma'am."
"As it happens, Mr. Filch... Your arrival is most opportune. If you would, I wouldd like you please, to lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin house, from the hall." McGonogall said.
"Exactly where is it I'll be leading 'em to, ma'am?"
"The dungeons would do." She said as the rest of the school cheered, I disagreed with this approach, these kids shouldn't be punished for what their parents have done or might have done.

"I presume you have a reason for returning, Potter.
What is it you need?"
"Time, Professor. As much as you can get me." Harry said, he knew what the items were.
"Do what you have to do. I'll secure the castle and
Potter...It's good to see you."
"It's good to see you too, Professor. Hold the fort, Neville." Harry said and ran after him but I was stopped by Bill.

"You need to stay safe, don't go looking for trouble, not in your condition!" Bill said.
"Her condition?" We turned to see Fred and George.
"What's wrong?" George asked as I hugged my two favourite twins.
"Nothing! I missed you two so much." I said as they both held me tight.
"I think you should tell people." Bill said.
"We just found out. I need to tell Remus first, have you see him?" I asked.
"No, but he's probably with Kingsley at the top." Fred said.
"I love you both, so fucking much!" I said.
"Love you to Jessie."
"Found you." I said.
"Found us."

I ran to the top, hoping to find Remus but I saw Luna with Harry.
"What's going on?" I asked.
"He's talking to Rowena." She said softly as we watched on.
"The Ravenclaw Diadem, of course. Helga's cup, Rowena's Diadem. That's 5." I said and she nodded.
"Remus is on the left, at the top. Dean is with him.... oh, and congratulations." She said.
"For what?" I asked and she smiled knowingly.
I made my way to the top, just as the other side started to attack the shield.

"Tell Professor McGonagall. Remus and I will handle this side of the castle." Kingsley said, and I followed the voice.
"Yes, sir!"
"Hey Dean, with second thoughts, tell Professor McGonagall we might need one or two more wands this side." I watched Dean run past me, and I saw my Remus.
"It is the quality of one's convictions that determines one's success...not the number of followers." Remus said, and I smiled.
"Who said that?" Kingsley asked.
"A very smart man." I said and they both turned around.
"My love!" Remus said as he pulled me into his arms.
"A man about to become a father." I said and he looked at me, shock in his eyes.
"Me? A dad.... you're pregnant?" He asked as his hands shot to my stomach, tears in his eyes.
"Yes Remus Lupin, so don't you dare die. I need you to help raise them." I said as he picked me up, twirling my around.
"I promise."