Chapter 41: Is that him?

"Miss Black, why are you so tired?" Professor McGonogall asked as I yawned on the way down to breakfast.
"Sorry Miss, I couldn't sleep last night." I admitted.
"Ah the excitement of finally graduating. Have you thought much about the career you'd wish to venture into?" She asked.
"No, Professor."
"Have you thought about being an Auror, I know Remus Lupin has been singing your praises." She said.
"Oh, I didn't think they'd let me in." I said looking down and she caught on to what I was saying.
"You know, when Remus was younger.... I'd always take pity. He watched James and Lily fall in love, while he always had Sirius and Peter for company, he never found love..."
"Professor..?"
"I see that after all this time, it's because he was waiting for you." She said as she placed a hand on my shoulder.
"You think?" I asked, I had a hard time understanding if Remus loved me or just liked knowing he had someone so young willing to do whatever he asked when he asked.
"I know so. Remus is a gentleman... when he isn't asking my students to sneak out of their dormitories to meet him in the Astronomy Tower." She said, a frown on her face as my cheeks grew hot.
"Wh-what are you talking about?" I said looking away, not being able to look her in the eyes.
"I almost pulled you both into detention." She started to walk away.
"Professor..."
"Yes Miss Black?"
"Promise me, all the things you hear about me, you'll remember me as the little girl from first year hiding away from her name."
"No, I will not."
"What?"
"I'll remember you as this mature, resilient and brave young woman. You always have Hogwarts as a place to call home."

The graduation went fine. We walked the stage, we bowed, we cheered and we rode on the boats across the lakes to our family and friends waiting for us on the other side. I looked to the edge, to see Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna and Ginny joined by Mr and Mrs Weasley, Remus and Draco... though he was off to the side. I looked around to see if I could see Augustus but he wasn't anywhere to be seen. I was glad, slightly relieved, I couldn't bare to look him in the eyes after that dream I had about him.

"Can you believe it, we're leaving Hogwarts. It's going to be strange not hearing you sneak out to meet a certain someone." Angie winked at me.
"Oh stop it!" I said blushing.
"You will remember me, won't you Jessie?"
"How could I ever forget you... you'll be getting with one of my best friends." I winked and it was her turn to blush.

We got the end of the lake, I rushed out and jumped into the arms of my friends and family.
"You did it!" Hermione said.
"Miraculously." I responded as I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist.
I turned, instead of being greeted with Remus' golden eyes, I was staring into Augustus' deep ocean eyes.
"Oh, you came." I said, pushing his hands off my waist, as politely as I could.
"Of course, I wanted to see you." He smiled sweetly.
The others looked at us confused.
"Everybody, this is my cousin.... Augustus." He was of no relation to me.
"Oh, nice to meet you!" Harry said, extending his hand.
Augustus grabbed hold of Harry and pulled him closer, brushing his hand up to reveal Harry's scar, I shot towards him but he let go and smiled.
"Sorry, I'm in awe that my dear... cousin has made friends with such a wonderful group of people... where is this boyfriend of yours?" He asked and Remus blushed.
"I'm here." He said as he walked towards me with a bouquet of flowers.
"Oh Remus, They're beautiful." I gasped as I went over to hug him, it was weird having him as my boyfriend, calling him my boyfriend.
"Not as beautiful as you." He smirked.
"That was terrible." Ron said shaking his head as Mr Weasley held Remus' shoulder.
"Is that the fiancée?" Remus whispered and I nodded.

Within an instant, he had captured my lips with his own, pressing down as he dipped me. Kissing me with such passion that I forgot where we were. It was as if the whole world stopped to let us take in this moment. My arms wrapped around his neck, my fingers tangled in his hair.
"I hate to interrupt such a beautiful moment..." Fred spoke up.
"Then don't!" George said.
"Jess, you're needed to throw your cap." Hermione said as Remus and I parted.
"Sorry, I couldn't help myself." He said to us, as I tried to catch my breath.

I looked to Augustus who had rage in his eyes. He was stood with Draco now. I walked to him and hugged Draco tightly before hugging Augustus.
"Play nice. I'm still your fiancée." I said hoping it was enough to calm him down, I felt his hand grip mine tightly before he relaxed.
"You look stunning. Your family would like us back the second this is over." He said and I nodded.

I ran to my friends, as we threw our caps into the air, cheering as our robes changed around us, from our house emblem embroidered on them, to the Hogwarts Emblem.
'Hogwarts is a place I can call home.' I said to myself as I joined in with the celebrations, we all went into Hogsmede to drink with our family and friends, Remus on one side, Augustus on the other.

"To Jess!" Mr Weasley cheered.
"And the twins! Though you didn't graduate with me, you were still very much part of this year group. Couldn't have done it without you... it sure would have been boring if you two weren't there." I said raising my glass as the glasses clinked and the drinks were drunk.
"It's time to be getting back now lovely." Augustus whispered into my ear and I nodded.

He and Draco went off to the side, as I said goodbye to my friends.
"Stay in touch, Jessie." Hermione said.
"Of course."
"Seriously Jess, do you have to go back?" Fred asked.
"You know I do." I said to him.
"Your cousin gives me the creeps." Ron said.
"I'm sure Remus will fill you in. Look, I love you. If the next time you see me is on the front line.... know I'm with you," They looked at me concerned. "Be prepared."