Chapter 43: Augustus

Augustus' P.O.V

I lay in bed thinking of her. She's so confident, so beautiful and knows exactly what she wants. She didn't seem .... evil, nothing like her family. It didn't feel like she was acting. I know she doesn't trust me, how can she? She's known me 2 days, forced into marrying me. I wish I could tell her about myself but I- my thoughts were interrupted by a knock on my door.

I jumped out of bed, wearing my comfy tartan Pyjama bottoms, forgetting to grab a t-shirt. I opened the door to see her.
"J-Jess, what are you doing here?" I asked and she stood frozen at the door, she looked me up and down and smiled softly.
"You look good without a t-shirt."
"I'd say the same about you but we're not there yet." I said, she looked up at me, something was wrong.
"Do you want to go there?" She asked, stepping into my room, bringing my hands to her waist as she backed up up, locking the door behind us.

He lips on my neck as she pushed us down on to the bed. She straddled me, I couldn't help but grab hold of her, making her feel exactly what she was doing to me. My hands softly grabbed onto her jumper, pulling it over her head, as my lips explored her chest. She moaned at the contact, as she started to grind on me. I grabbed her hips under her skirt when I realised... she wasn't wearing anything underneath. My mind went into a frenzy, I flipped us over, kissing down her body, indulging myself in her taste, in her touch, feeding my craving for her. I looked at her, her eyes were glossed over, she looked like she was about to cry.

I stopped, I got off her and lay beside her.
"Hey, hey now. It's ok. I'm sorry, was I being too rough?" I asked and she shook her head no.
"We don't have to do anything, I'm sorry." I said as I pulled the covers over her.
"I came to you, why are you apologising?" She asked, looking at me.
"I shouldn't have come on to you love, made you feel like this is all I wanted." I sighed.
"I should go." She said sitting up, pulling her skirt down.
"Why don't you stay? It seems like you could use a friend." I said and she nodded laying back down.

I quickly got out of bed, pulling a t-shirt on while finding a t-shirt for her to wear and a pair of boxers.
"Here, why don't you wear these." I said handing the clothes over and she graciously took the clothes.
"Can you... turn around?" She asked and I nodded, turning away.
I looked at the wall as she pulled the boxers on when I noticed... I could see her through the mirror. She dropped her skirt and I felt a silent gasp release from my lips. My god, she was beautiful, perfect. I closed my eyes, trying to get rid of all the nasty thoughts that entered my mind, she would look good on her knees, fuck she'd look amazing on top, as she bounces on my dick. Fuck. I shook my head when I felt a tap on my shoulder.
"You ok?" She asked and I nodded.
She moved to the other side of the bed getting in, all those thoughts of her exited my mind when I saw her wearing my t-shirt. She was drowning in it, she looked so cute, fuck.

"Thank you for being so kind." She said suddenly.
"Of course. You'd do the same for me." I said softly, looking at her.
She turned her body, facing me, her eyes filled with misery.
"They told you I slept with Remus right?" She asked, they had.
"They told you I slept with a muggle right?" I asked.
"You did?"
"I loved her, or I thought I did. My parents found out. They weren't too happy that their pureblood son was trying to taint their legacy." I said, her lips parted.
"What happened to you both?" I asked.
"The girl left me for someone else, I was heartbroken, told I'd never find someone else... till they told me about you." I admitted.
"I'm going to ask you this once, whatever the answer may be... we never speak of it again." She said.
"Ok?"
"Are you a true believer?" She asked.
"No."

Jess' P.O.V

I stared at him. He didn't want to be here as much as I didn't. He was a good soul, a lovely person.
"You .... you were forced?" I asked and he nodded.
"I assume you are t... you're in love with the wolf?" He asked.
"Remus, don't call him the wolf, it's dehumanising." I said.
"Sorry, I've still got my guard up." He said.
"You don't have to have it up around me." I said and he smiled.

After a few hours of talking, Augustus showed me his true self. He was kind, he was thoughtful, he was funny and smart. He was like Remus in a lot of ways but he wasn't Remus. I sighed softly.
"What's wrong?" Augustus asked.
"This engagement thing, it's a bit much right?" I asked.
"It is, yeah. But it's the only way." He said.
"You don't want to try and get out of it?" I asked, looking at him confused.
"If I refuse to do anything... my uncle will kill me." He said looking at me, fear in his eyes.
"Well then, Augustus LeStrange... there's nobody else I'd rather be fake engaged to." I said and he smiled weakly.
"Our relationship has to seem real, do you want to lay down some ground rules?" He asked.
"No, it's ok. Do you?"
"Can you kiss me?"
"What?" I asked.
"I don't want to be caught off guard when you kiss me for the first time." He said and I nodded.

I leaned in slowly, his eyes fluttered closed as we closed the space between us, and I felt his lips on mine. It felt wrong, it wasn't Remus.