◖ 33 ◗

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄  ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄  ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

               IT WAS THE LAST DAY IN SEATTLE and her Grandparents fortieth anniversary party. It was early in the morning and Anicia leaned back in the sink counter with her phone braced to her ear as it rang continuously. She had on a open front knit cardigan over the plunging neckline bodysuit with high-rise, palazzo jeans. She listened to his voicemail for the fifth time as her head looked downward and her sleek, mid-height ponytail fell over her shoulder.

               She listened to the beep and sighed. "I know you're mad and going through a lot but can you answer the phone... at least? Please." she pulled the device from her ear and her acrylic nail tapped the screen as she hung up.

               She blew out air as she stepped out of the bathroom to Landon staring at her as he tied his shoe. "Whoever you been calling must not be wanting to talk."

               "Mind your business," Anicia rolled her eyes and left him alone in the bedroom. The past few days they haven't been talking behind the closed door like she ordered. She footed to the patio she texted her sister's to meet her on and only found Arlene there...

               "Morning," She bent down and kissed her cheek before she sat on the couch beside her

               "Morning," She bent down and kissed her cheek before she sat on the couch beside her. "Where's Abi? I want to talk to you both."

               Arlene shrugged lightly. "She coming I think. What is this about anyway?"

               "We'll wait on Abi."

               Arlene stared at Anicia. "Are you dying or something?"

               "No."

               "Pregnant?" She immediately interrogated.

               "God, no!" Anicia responded, "let's just wait on Abi."