◖ 14 ◗

𝐌𝐀𝐘  ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

𝐌𝐀𝐘 ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

"De! Com' yo' ass on!" Toby hollered from the entryway of his home, with his tall and muscular stature dressed in a white Vince Crosshatch Sports Shirt unbuttoned over the white crewneck tee and G-Star Raw Straight Tapered faded charcoal colored Jeans.

Troy glanced at his watch, leaning on the wall. "He gon' be late to his own funeral." he said. "I shoulda left when Grandma came by here."

"Man," Toby shook his head. "Goin' on a hour and still gotta drive there. Fuckin' De!"

"I'm comin', bruh." De's leather, low-top Fendi Pearland Sneakers trudged along the hardwood floor as he approached, fixing the crisp point collar with the 'FF' logo of his white, button front dress shirt. "All yo' hollerin' and shit."

"Cause dis you and Amaury gender reveal." Toby stated as he watched him near, "You got us finna be a hour fuckin' late."

"But you still talkin' and not leavin'." De motioned to the door.

Toby shook his head before leaving the house with his brother and son and going straight to the venue that was a distance away. By time they got there, De was already a hour late, but they made it with the gifts. As soon as Toby, Troy, and De entered the grand hall, De was bombarded with questions.

"Where in the hell have you been?" Amaury's mother asked aggressively, "Do you realize it's three o' fucking clock and it started an hour ago! My goddamn daughter—your wife—is pregnant here and alone. You shoulda been here!"

De chuckled under his breath and looked at Amaury. "I don't disrespect nobody moms, so Amaury getcho' moms. I'm hea', present."

"Nuh-uh, don't talk to ha." Amaury's mother, Cara, blocked his eyesight of Amaury. "You ain't been wanting to do it as of fucking lately. So don't now. You know what..." Cara pointed at him, "I knew she shouldn't have married yo' nothin' ass. You don't give two fucks about ha and it's a shame she blinded to your bullshit."

De smirked at Cara. "Amaury, getcho' moms. I'm hea' at my baby gender reveal. Late or not. So, do me a fava' and step out my face."

"C'mon y'all, we hea' for the baby." Toby spoke up to keep the peace, "We apologize fa' bein' late. We just wanted to stop by and get a li'l mo' stuff. Miss Cara, point us to the gift table?"