◖ 22 ◗

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄  ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄  ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

               Two hours into the Tuff Crowd Juneteenth festival, Ice Cube was on performing one of his old hits that had all the California natives bobbing and vocalizing word for word. Toby was on the phone with Ishanti, bracing his device to one ear and holding down the other the block out the loudness to hear her soft voice clearly.

               He had on Moschino Milano logo-print track shorts and a Emporio Armani Milano white print T-shirt. The cotton crew socks peaked over his Burberry Chunky Low-top sneakers. "Where you get off at?"

               Ishanti snickered. "I got off on the wrong highway. I'm like ten minutes away I promise."

               "Aight, just lemme kno' when you pull up. This hoe packed."

               "Okay, I will."

               As he ended the call, his eyes locked on Anicia across the park by the table of barbecue. He smirked, crossing the grass and sea of people over to her. Instead of the dress he seen her in, she had on unbuttoned, distressed shorts and her one-piece swimsuit.

               "Aye, miss lady," he smirked as she overheard him and looked his way with the empty plastic plate in her hand. "Anotha' pair of heels? When you gon' dress down, girl?"

               "Because I like them," Anicia faced him. "It's crazy you're apart of this foundation I've been hearing so much about."

               "Not as crazy as I been in front of yo' invisible boyfriend dis whole time." he responded, "Small world, ain't it?"

               "Very small." Anicia chuckled shortly, "Why you act like you didn't know me?"

               "Befo' I answer you, remove those shades when you talkin' to me." he commanded as Anicia tried to contain the smile twitching on her lips; she lifted her sunglasses. "There go those sexy ass eyes. But I just wanted to make it a li'l spicy. You enjoy it?"

               Anicia let out a breathy chuckle and faced the food. "You're something else."

               "Fa' you, always." he mentioned, "How yo' songwriting goin'?"

               Anicia paused briefly at the fact he even remembered that about her. "How did remember that?"