Twenty three

ARIA
It's been four years since Jason, Olivia and I left Rosewood. We moved to Philadelphia to be far away from the mess and trauma that -A caused. Even though Olivia born in Rosewood we decided that it would be safer for her to be far away from Rosewood. We didn't move far away though, only because our friends and family were there.

I'm 20 years old, Jason is 21 and Olivia is 4. Jason and I have not yet gotten married.
———
As I sat in my office, listening out for any signs that Jason was home, I heard Olivia open the door. "Mommy! Daddy's home and he's got something for you!" Olivia said as she ran over to me, giving me a very big hug. As she stopped hugging me, Jason walked through the door.

"Hey babe. This was in my office box this morning. I think Alison meant to give it to you, but it ended up with me." He said, giving it to me. I looked at it. On the front it read Aria in the fancy italic handwriting that Alison used to use when she was pretending to be someone else, making her extremely good at it.

Opening it up, I saw my name, once again in italic handwriting, followed by the rest of our friends.

Aria, Hanna, Emily and Spencer:

There isn't much time, but I wanted you to see these words on paper and not on a screen. I wanted to know you were touching something I touched, that we're connected.

We've been through things no other friends have experienced, we understand each other than anyone else in the world. But all that connects us to someone else, someone I love, someone who needs me.

I know the court has asked you to come back to Rosewood for a hearing about Charlotte being released, but I'm asking for five minutes with you. Five minutes to explain. Five minutes that can change the world.

-Alison x

I stared at the letter, my hands shaking.

"Aria? Babe what's wrong?" Jason asked, holding me.

"The court asked the girls and I to come back to Rosewood. Alison and Mary have been asking if they can have Charlotte released. There's a hearing in 2 days and Alison wants to talk to us before." I said, my heart heavy.

"Are you gonna go back?" He asked confused.

"The court asked us. We have to come back." I said, worried.

"Ok, I'll get the bags ready and you can tell Olivia." Jason said, walking away.

Spencer: Did you get the same letter?

Me: Y-Yes. Yes I did.

Emily: Are you coming back?

Me: We have no choice. The court ordered for us to come back seeing as we are connected to Charlotte.

Hanna: I'll be in Rosewood tomorrow seeing as I have to meet my mom.

Me: I'll see you guys tomorrow.

Putting my phone down, I looked up at Jason. He had just packed Olivia's bag, leaving her confused.

"Mommy? Why was dad packing my suitcase?" Olivia asked, confused.

"Well...sweetie. Your dad and I have to go to our old home, to see some friends. Do you want to come?" I asked as Olivia jumped onto the bed.

"YEAH! Do I get to see aunt Emily, aunt Hanna, aunt Spencer, aunt Alison, uncle Caleb, uncle Toby, uncle Mike, grandpa and grandma?" Olivia asked,

"Of course!" I said, smiling.

As I began to pack, Olivia started yelling in happiness, causing Jason to pick her up and tickle her, usually making her go quiet.

"Mommy has to pack..." Jason said, taking Olivia out of the room. 

As I packed, the power went out. I took a deep breath in, before continuing to pack, but it was no use. My mind flashed to that fateful night that I was locked in a box.
———
My eyes slowly opened. I attempted to open my mouth, but something was stuck. Looking down, I saw my hands tied together, my mouth taped shut and something next to me. Struggling to break free, attempted to scream, but it was muffled. Outside I could hear two people talking while the train door opened, making a huge screeching sound.

I could feel the cold air coming through the box as I panicked. Looking up, I saw what looked like to be a nail. Figuring that it would be my escape, I began to try and cut the tape around my wrists. After what felt like forever, I finally got the tape off my wrists, being able to freely move my hands. Feeling around, I felt something metal. Good! A screwdriver. I put it in my hands, getting ready to attack. As a hand moved above me, covering a hole, I poked the screwdriver through, managing to injure the person outside the box.

After a while, I heard a door close.

"Aria!" Hanna spoke as I felt the box slowly begin to open. Before long, Spencer, Emily and Hanna had successfully opened the box, allowing me to escape. As I looked back, I saw the body. His body.

"Garrett..." Spencer said, shocked by the fact that his body was no longer moving...just an empty vessel.
———
"Aria..." I heard my name. Snapping out of my flashback, I saw Jason, shielding Olivia from my episode.

"Are you ok?" He asked, concerned. He knelt down besides me, holding me as my arms wrapped around my legs, shielding my eyes. I had been crying from what I remembered.

"Y-Yeah..." I said, releasing a heavy breath. Jason helped me up, having fixed the power issue. He took Olivia out of the room, hoping she wouldn't ask about what had just happened.