Six

ARIA
After Jason and I made out, we quickly went back to working on our homework, just as my mom knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I said, smiling as Jason looked down, trying not to laugh,

"Hey Aria, hey Jason!" My mom spoke, looking at me then Jason.

"Hey Mrs Montgomery." Jason replied, smiling.

"Dinner will be ready in about 30 minutes to an hour." My mom said before leaving the room. She shut the door, leaving Jason and I alone.

"Jason. What are we?" I asked, confused.

"We clearly aren't meant to be friends, since you've acted as my boyfriend in front of Mr Fitz and we've kissed." I said.

"Well...like I said, I've had a crush on you Aria...and I can tell that you've had a crush on me." Jason said, holding my hand.

"Aria...do you want to be my girlfriend?" Jason asked, confused.

"Of course Jason." I said, kissing him. My parents, especially my dad would be happy to know that I'm no longer dating my teacher.

"I love you Aria." Jason spoke, smiling.

"I love you too Jason." I said, happily.
———
It had almost been an hour.

"JASON! ARIA! DINNER!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

We got up and held hands, hoping that my parents would get the hint. We walked downstairs, my mom immediately noticing the fact that Jason and I were holding hands.

"So...Aria. Do you have anything you want to tell us?" She asked, referencing Jason and I.

"Yes. Jason and I are now dating." I said, squeezing Jason's hand. He smiled, finally able to call me his girlfriend.

My mom giggled from excitement as my dad pulled Jason out of the room for a minute.

"Wait...what happened with Ezra?" My mom asked.

"He's no longer in my life." I said, smiling.

My dad and Jason re-entered the room, my dad smiling as he looked at Jason. We all sat down and began eating. After 10 minutes, Mike arrived home, joining us at the dinner table. We told him the news and he was shocked at first, but he soon became supportive. The 4 people I was worried about were Spencer, Alison, Hanna and Emily. Hanna and Emily wouldn't mind as much, but Spencer and Alison would since Alison is Jason's sister and Spencer is Jason's half-sister.

Jason and I knew that after the conversation with my friends ended badly a month ago, that we wouldn't tell them unless it was absolutely necessary. As we sat at the dinner table, I got a message.

Emily: Hey Aria...can you meet Hanna and I at The Brew? We need to talk.

Me: You're not going to have a go at me are you?

Emily: No. We want to apologise.

Me: Ok...I'll be there after dinner.

I put my phone away and continued dinner.
———
Once our dinner was finished, Jason and I went back up to my room, Jason grabbing his things, ready to leave.

"I'll meet you downstairs, I just need to grab somethings." I said, kissing Jason. He kissed me back, smiling. As he walked downstairs, I went over to my desk.

"Where are they?!" I asked myself, confused. I was looking for the police report, the manuscript and the photos of my dad kissing his student Meredith, but none of them were in there. I searched my entire room, wondering where they could be, but nothing. As I searched, I got a text from someone.

-A: Hush, hush...little liar. You have a choice to make. Choose which one you want and I spill the other 2. You have 24 hours to decide.

The text was accompanied by a photo of the three items sitting on a black table.

I ran out of my room and down the stairs, meeting Jason in my car. I drove him home.

"I have to meet Emily and Hanna at The Brew so I'll see you tomorrow...okay babe?" I asked as Jason.

"Yeah. See you tomorrow." He said, kissing me. He entered his house as I drove off towards The Brew.

I got there, seeing my two best friends.

"Hey Aria. We wanted to apologise for our behaviour. It wasn't right..." Emily spoke, smiling.

"Thanks for the apology guys but we have bigger issues." I said.

"What are you talking about Aria?" Hanna asked, confused.

"Ok. So -A sent me a text." I said, worried.

"Hush, hush...little liar. You have a choice to make. Choose which one you want and I spill the other 2. You have 24 hours to decide." Emily read out.

"What are your choices Aria?" Hanna asked. I showed the photo attached.

"The one on the far left is the manuscript...as in the one Ezra gave to me, showing every detail about what happened that summer to Ali." I began.

"The middle one are photos of my dad cheating on my mom with one of his students...Meredith." I described.

"The far right one is a police report...that I nearly filed against Ezra. As soon as I sign the report and hand it in to the police, they would have a reason to arrest Ezra...but I never signed it and never handed it in." I said, explaining.

"So -A wants you to choose. If you choose the report, Ezra doesn't get arrested, your mom finds out about your dad and we lose everything we know about -A from the manuscript." Hanna begins.

"If you choose the photos, your family stays together, we lose the manuscript and Ezra could be arrested." Emily spoke.

"If you choose the manuscript, we keep all our information about -A, your family falls apart and Ezra gets arrested." Spencer spoke, walking into the nearly half empty Brew.

"Spencer?" I asked, confused.

"I made a mistake. I should never have shut you out like I did. It made me seem like Alison and that's not who I am." Spencer spoke.

"Aria...no offence...but I think you should choose the manuscript..." Hanna spoke.

"I agree with Hanna. 2 out of 3 of those options only impact you Aria. If we keep the manuscript, we have leverage over -A and we can use our skills to look beneath the surface." Spencer said.

"Really? None of you care about my family?" I asked, shocked.

"Sorry Aria. But Ezra deserves to go to jail after what he did to you...and quite honestly, your dad never should have cheated in the first place." Emily spoke, trying to be reasonable.

"Fine. You guys are right." I said, taking a deep breath in.

Me: I made my choice. I want the manuscript back.

-A: Good. You will find it back where you left it. As for the other two...prepare for hell to break loose.

"I did it. I asked for the manuscript back. I should find it where I left it. I'll head home and see if it's there." I said, grabbing my bag. We all hugged, finally happy to be friends again.