Thirty nine

ARIA
Ezra was fragile after he was saved yesterday. He hadn't spoke much, mainly drinking. Being the only person he was closest to, I offered to stay with him, given our long history. Olivia was sent to stay with Spencer.

"Ezra...you can't keep drinking. I understand what you're going through..." I put my hand on his shoulder as he put his drink down. He leaned in and kissed me as if we had gone back to before we broke up. I pulled away, confused, before my heart took control and I was kissing him, one of my hands on his chest and the other combing through his hair. I pulled away, feeling different.

"A-Aria. When I was held captive, the only thing that frightened me, was the idea of not surviving to watch my daughter grow up, or bringing you, my love, back into my life. I hoped that we would be reunited and I'm glad that we were. I never want to lose you, whether to a stupid book, or to an ex-lover." Ezra's hand now rested on my shoulder as he laid down, beckoning me to follow.

"Please...be my girlfriend again?" He asked simply. I laid down, my head resting on his chest as I kissed his hand.

"Yes." I spoke, smiling. I wrapped his arm around my body as I made myself comfortable. My eyes felt heavy as I watched the movie that had been showing on the TV in font of us.

"Goodnight Ezra." I finally closed my eyes as I felt his lips softly hit my forehead. Waking up to 10 messages, I scrolled through them.

Spencer: Aria.

Emily: Aria are you awake?

Hanna: Mona confessed.

Alison: Please answer us. We're worried.

Spencer: Meet us at The Radley in 15 minutes or we'll call the cops.

Hanna: Aria Marie Montgomery! You better be with Ezra I swear to god!

Emily: We're coming over.

Alison: Answer us Aria!

Spencer: We're pulling up now.

Emily: We're here. Open the door.

I heard a knock on the door so I opened it, seeing three very worried and stressed women walk through the door.

"Oh, so you slept with Ezra?" Hanna asked, not hesitating to start asking questions.

"Yeah-I mean no. He laid down on the couch and asked me to be his girlfriend...and I said yes." I explained. They all looked at me as if I had just announced I was pregnant.

"Yay! Ezria is back!" Hanna cheered as she hugged me.

"Olivia has been wanting this for a while and I think it's time that we made a positive change. Not only for me, but for Olivia." I spoke as I smiled.

"Speaking of Olivia, aren't you supposed to be looking after her?" Alison asked as Spencer looked away.

"Toby came by this morning and he was happy to look after her. It's his day off anyway." Spencer calmed my nerves.

"Ok. Back to the reason why you guys felt obligated to come." I was so tired.

After 35 minutes, Emily explained what Mona did and why she confessed.

"So Mona hit Charlotte with her car because Charlotte threatened us?" I asked.

"Exactly." Alison spoke, still shocked about Mona's confession.
———
It had been 1 year and 4 months since Ezra and I had become boyfriend and girlfriend again. Nothing much had changed in Olivia's mind, only the fact that she would wake Ezra and I up at 9 am by jumping on our bed. I had moved into his apartment, making Olivia happy. He converted his old study room into Olivia's bedroom. One thing I loved about my daughter is her love for books. She had Toby design a bedroom devoted to her favourite books.

Mary and Alex hadn't been found, but Charlotte had been contacting Alison.

EZRA
I had a plan for today. Aria, Olivia and I were attending my book signing along with her friends. I had asked Gillian if she could assist in my plan. I had a ring and everything. Spencer, Alison, Emily, Hanna, Toby and Caleb met me at The Brew, helping me set up for the special day I had planned. Everything was set up like a book signing...but with a twist.

ARIA
I got dressed, Olivia playing around on my bed as she had already gotten dressed an hour before.

"Are you excited for daddy's book signing?" She asked, jumping around.

"Yes. Your daddy spent so much time on the book. He deserves this." I lifted her off the bed as I made my way to The Brew. She followed me inside as we made our way towards Ezra. I kissed him as Olivia went over to order her and myself some drinks.

The event went smoothly. People asked a lot of questions. I watched as Ezra smiled at Spencer, confusing me.

"Aria, can you stand up with Olivia please?" Ezra asked. All of a sudden, Olivia was holding my hand as we stood besides Ezra. She handed Ezra a box as he got down on one knee, surprising me.

"Aria Marie Montgomery. I have loved you since we first met at a bar 8 years ago. I never stopped loving you even when we broke up. I did a lot of stupid things during our relationship but we always came back to each other. I never want to wake up without you or Olivia. I want our relationship to live on forever. Will you marry me?" Ezra asked as he opened the velvet black box.

"Yes!" I spoke as everyone in the café erupted in cheers. He put the ring on my finger as he picked up Olivia and hugged her. I joined their hug as my friends smiled.