it was one of the things she had come to do as well as respect lori. in her partly hispanic family, respect came a long way and was taught from an early age. she was now 22, had just been completing her bachelorette degree in medicine. at the time when she was with her family, she had come home for break.

     listen to your parents, the words echoed through her head.

     lori - though not being her biological mother - was not an exception especially after having rosaline took in. instead, the girl chose to help out in her own way. helping one of the camp's hunters daryl skin his kills and sometimes even join him on a few hunts when he was not in an especially grumpy mood. which was rare.

     besides that, the girl was desperate to learn how to handle something that involved arrows.

     smiling, rosaline made her way over to the rv, "hey dale! have you seen lori around?" she called up the old man with a smile.

     everyone around the camp had been treating her so kindly. that had seemed to catch his attention as he put down his rifle and looked down at the blonde girl. he hummed and then started to also look around in the search of the brown-haired mother. it seemed that he hadn't found her as his expression seemed to remain the same.

     "oh, she's gone out somewhere and told me to watch over carl, is there anything you wanted?" he questioned.

     to answer him, rosa shook her head and looked around, "if you want to eat something i think the girls are trying to figure out what to eat for breakfast. daryl hasn't come back with the squirrels so they're figuring out what else to make."

     "alright, thanks, dale!" rosaline called back and then turned around walking away. she wondered where daryl was - he was usually back by morning with a fresh string of squirrels that had to be skinned.

     as she walked past, there seemed to be people hanging their fresh washed laundry and carl was playing with a bunch of plastic cars that had been looted by shane whilst rheagar laid out in the sun.

     grinning, she jogged over to the two.

     "hey, kid." she greeted with a smile, sitting down in a crisscross position. the brunette looked up his eyes scrunching up due to the bright sunlight.

     these days the atmosphere seemed particularly hot in georgia sun. rhaegar barked and the girl bent down stroking his head.

     "hi, rose!" he replied enthusiastically, "do you know where mom went? dale told me she just went out somewhere and i had to stick close by..."

     she shook her head looking around, "i don't know either," however, shane had seemed to be gone as well. the girl frowned to herself, she had seen the two grow so lovey-dovey close to each other recently.

     since lori had lost her husband and told her how he had been shot on duty and shane was his best friend, it made sense they grew that close. although, it didn't mean that almost the whole camp didn't know.

     carl sighed shaking his head for a moment.

     he had been feeling quite lonely recently - there were no kids his age to play with other than sophia. not that there was something wrong with sophia, but carol's abusive husband always got in the way.

     that was something the whole camp knew too. every day the mother turned up with fresh bruises but no one had the courage to stand up to the man.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     rosaline had been playing with carl and rhaegar for a good hour until they were called to breakfast. that was when lori and shane came out of the woods.