habit.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

—❝ I DON'T WANT YOU HAVIN' ❞

I DON'T WANT YOU HAVIN'

The weekend spent along the bay somewhere in France went by much more smoothly than Millie would have thought. The reason why was pretty obvious to her. It was only because of Finn.

Without him there, she was certain that she would have lost her mind. Not only with Maddie totally engrossed with her boyfriend, but Sophia praising Olivia with every chance she got. And, of course, Olivia herself didn't exactly relieve anything for her when it seemed that she was kind of always there.

None of it helped in the slightest. Only Finn did.

There was something about him that just put a halt to everything else around them. Beside him, she could feel herself slowly relaxing, more at ease, closer to peeling away whatever mask she was constantly hiding behind.

All from hushed whispers, from secret small smiles. Simple eye contact that lasted barely any seconds, the softest brush of their hands. Everything was somehow overwhelming in a way. Some sort of way that she hadn't yet figured out.

What she did know was that whatever rush she was finding within him, it didn't leave room for her extra sniffs of coke in those short days. Whatever she would get a whiff of, it was considerably less than usual. And that was rather strange. She couldn't figure out why it was happening.

Still, she didn't think much of it. Because she still felt that itch to hide away in the bathroom for a few minutes, breaking down in silence before she rejoined as if nothing had happened, often with her pupils dilated.

Though it wasn't often, it was still enough for her to consider it as a part of her normal routine.

Something that prickled her skin was that each time she had excused herself for a short break away, she would return to find that Finn wasn't alone, usually accompanied by Olivia, sometimes with Sophia beside her. Mostly, though, she was alone when she would approach Finn.

Despite her initial suspicions, this particular brunette wasn't terrible. In fact, the more time Millie spent with her, the more she came to realize that this girl was the most genuine person she had ever met from their social circle.

Either that, or she was just really good at hiding her plans and secret intentions.

But Millie couldn't seem to find an evil bone in her body. Olivia always tried to be inclusive with everyone, trying to be sure nobody felt left out from conversations to activities. She was kind, from her soft words to her tender smiles and needless apologies. There wasn't anything bad about her, no matter how hard Millie peered at her.