pills.

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

—❝ SO I'LL FLY AWAY, ZOLOFT, XANAX ❞

SO I'LL FLY AWAY,
ZOLOFT, XANAX

The door shut softly behind her as she stumbled into the mansion. A pair of arms immediately latched upon the curve of her waist, keeping her upright.

Finn's hands burned so promptly, the temperature in her body rising. She was too exhausted to try and slip out of his hold, a small smile curving the edge of her lips as he began tugging her forward.

Their sides pressed against one another with each step they took, her head fell along his arm as she began to mumble a song.

"Only you darling, only you babe," Millie mumbled, giggling softly, tilting her head up. "Darling! That could be your song!"

Finn frowned, but the sudden excitement rubbed off on him quickly. "My song?"

She nodded as he carefully helped her climb up the stairs. "It says darling sooo many times. I can sing it to you!"

He chuckled softly, "Sure, maybe later."

Her spirits had lifted since they had found one another. Walking beside and talking nonsense had been enough to make her happier. Somehow more elated as the high began to fade.

Even as he helped her settle comfortably atop her mattress, she felt that she could have done it on her own. Her feet were still dragging behind her, but there was less stumbling.

Still, she didn't want to waste an opportunity that involved him holding her.

Millie continued singing the same song from earlier, softer this time, eyes drifting shut as she went on.

"Don't you give me up, please, yeah," she sang, swaying her head to the rhythm in her head. "Hm, can you play that song, darling?"

He grinned, pulling out his phone to search for whatever song she was singing. "What's the name?"

"Dark red."

Within seconds the tune began to flow out. A content smile tugged at her lips before she peeked her eyes open. She lifted her arms, motioning for Finn to get closer.

Reluctantly, he obliged. There was no reason for the sudden stiff way his body reacted to her. Well, that was actually bullshit.

The revelation of just how deeply he cared for Millie seemed to roar loudly within the chamber of his mind. His feelings ran too deep, and he worried about the intimacy they shared.