unbothered.

CHAPTER TWELVE.

—❝ I DON'T NEED WHAT YOU NEED I'M SO UNBOTHERED BY YOU ❞

I DON'T NEED WHAT YOU NEED
I'M SO UNBOTHERED BY YOU

As the sun began to set along the horizon, the once bright blue sky was fading into a soft orange hue. The rich girls sat together, still chatting away so loudly that Finn was surprised he could even hear himself think.

It had been enough time since he last saw Millie that he was beginning to doubt her last words spoke to him when she had joined her friends on deck.

"I'll only be gone a few minutes," she had said.

But that was well over an hour ago.

In all that time that she had been gone, he had noticed a few things. One being that Olivia's words from earlier appeared to be true about Maddie's boyfriend.

Although, he did also think Maddie was putting on quite the show with her feelings. Something about it just seemed superficial to him. She didn't seem to genuinely like him as much as she tried to show.

And her boyfriend seemed just the same. Finn couldn't help but notice that he frequently checked his phone when her attention was directed towards the girls. A few sneaky smiles appeared momentarily when his eyes stuck to his phone.

Finn didn't care much. Drama wasn't something he gave much thought to. What really poked at his brain was that Olivia somehow knew this, shared the information to him of all people, and she was right. He had doubted how true the information was, but the little things were too accurate.

At some point during his trailing mind, his eyes had swept towards the brunette. He hadn't even noticed his attention had subconsciously gone to her.

Not until he caught the slight movement of her hand, and she was leaving their side as she approached him once again.

"Hi again," she greeted, rather chipper as she smiled sweetly.

Finn wasn't sure just quite yet how he felt about this girl. They shared some interests, which came as a surprise to him, but she was still friends with Maddie. And she definitely didn't like him, the feeling quite mutual from his part.

But Olivia seemed different. In the same sense that he had found Millie different from everyone else around them. Somehow he knew that it was something else, but there was some familiarity to it all.

"What are you doing over here all alone?" she asked curiously, occupying the seat that had previously been taken by Millie.