pretty.

CHAPTER THREE.

—❝ JUST LOOK AT YOU,THEN LOOK AT ME ❞

❝ JUST LOOK AT YOU,
THEN LOOK AT ME ❞

Having been at the party for an hour already beside her so called best friends, she was growing rather bored when she realized the alcohol she had drank was nowhere near hitting her in the way that she had hoped it would.

It didn't help her case that Jack was nowhere to be seen by anyone. He was usually the namesake for drugs at these parties, so if he wasn't around, whatever high you were looking for wouldn't be reached. And that happened to be Millie's current predicament.

The dinner with her mother still lingered, the echo of her words smothering her. The way she spoke about her father as if she would change her mind about a trip to somewhere she actually wanted to take. Her little outburst was the least of her worries, because she knew her mother was far away retching into the furthest bathroom she could find.

All she wanted was to push that entire evening to the furthest corner of her mind, to forget it all for as long as she could. Whatever bit of spiked punch she held in her red solo cup just wasn't cutting it.

Her gaze continuously flitted around the dim area, waiting until she could catch a glimpse of Jack. He could usually be easily spotted amongst the crowd, being one of the few that enjoyed sporting a rugged skater look. But there was not a single glimpse of him as she raked her eyes everywhere. This was beginning to turn into a bit of a desperate time for Millie. She had been there for an hour trying to see if she could spot the boy in order to get that stronger buzz to carry through the night, becoming the life of the party as people loved to see her.

Other people might've been very opinionated on the matter. But she didn't really care much for that. After all, she was just trying to live up to her mother's words. It's summer, so she should be having as much fun as possible. And this just happened to be her fun.

As she craned her neck around to look for that one boy in particular, her gaze locked with a different set of eyes. Though it wasn't who she was looking for, those dark glimmering eyes were still a familiar gaze. One that tended to stir something up in her since she had first spoken with him.

Her lips parted slightly when his eyes caught onto her own. Their gazes entwined for what felt like an eternity, though she knew it was a just a few seconds. Staring into his eyes from across the room, everything seems to blend into the surrounding changing lights, an echo of booming music and faded voices.

There is something so alluring about the way she feels a gravitational pull towards him. Already her pulse is picking up the pace, her hands tightening around the cup in her hold. The excitement that fuels her is something she has experienced plenty of times before, but never from another person.