sober.

CHAPTER EIGHT.

—❝ GIVE IT ONE NIGHT ❞

GIVE IT ONE NIGHT

The dizzying lights flashed along the room as more and more people had crowded inside the mansion. The bustling noise of loud voices mingled with the thumping of the music. Something that was a familiar recurrence for Finn after having been to so many parties before. Though it was beginning to bore him as he had never really been sober at one of these.

He was trying to prove a point to Millie, though. That he didn't need to be under any influence in order to find her presence fun. How long had she been living under the impression that fun only came when she was intoxicated?

Finn has his own reasons for intoxication. He had his own reasons for chasing after some sort of high, but it was mostly to forget. To forget that his dad was such a piece of shit, to forget his reality was not what it had seemed to be for such a long part of his life. Weed and liquor were the best forms to catch his short time of amnesia to enjoy himself.

Whereas the brunette had become quite distracted and thrown into her own small world of excitement when she was intoxicated. Dangerously intoxicated, as her high always seemed to come from some hardcore drug.

A world of excitement that didn't seem to include him despite his efforts to be involved on the sidelines.

Her fun was coming off from something he had refused to share. So she was on an entirely different level from him. Something that be felt was quite literal as it was metaphorical for the two of them.

It was obvious from the looks she received that people adored and envied her. She held some level of respect, and it wasn't just because this was her party. It was more than just the typical respect for a host.

Hungry eyes watched her every move, taking in how they wanted a piece of her, or wanted to be her. Never had Finn ever had so many pairs of eyes set upon his direction, but that was exactly what he got when she was perched right beside him for so long.

At some point, she grew distracted by the crowd. She told him briefly that she would return within a few minutes, leaving him behind with the small group as she swiftly ran off and disappeared.

A few minutes dragged out longer, his fingers and feet becoming jittery the longer he waited. More time passed by, and it had been long enough for Finn to wonder if she would even be back.

He was still sat by in the same spot he had been in since she had first welcomed him and Lilia. The same bratty rich girls had been avidly ignoring his presence since Millie's odd comments, whispering to one another as they continued to throw some pointed stares his way. Something that was seriously starting to get on his nerves.