dreaming of you.

CHAPTER FOUR.

—❝ WONDERED WHO YOU ARE,WONDERED WHAT YOU'RE LIKE ❞

❝ WONDERED WHO YOU ARE,
WONDERED WHAT YOU'RE LIKE ❞

The scent of expensive perfume was prominent throughout the large bedroom. Whatever female artist that was trending on the charts playing throughout as the trio of girls went about painting their toenails, lounging around in the early afternoon. Towels wrapped around their wet hair, satin pajama tops with laced trimmings along the edges matching their silk shorts.

A typical Sunday evening for the girls. Just another one of their self care Sundays that they treated religiously. An entire day dedicated to pampering themselves as they relaxed and did absolutely nothing except calling in the help for a meal and drinks, endlessly talking about whatever and whomever.

Millie didn't mind these days much. They were nice comfort to manage throughout the vast space that surrounded her. While her mother was off with their mothers, the three were left alone in the mansion to do as they pleased.

"Where'd your mom go for her job this time?" Sophia piped up as she carefully spread a layer of glitter nail polish along her smaller toes.

Millie shrugged as she went on fanning her toes with a mini fan. "Some islands in Fiji."

Maddie, who was sat across from Sophia atop Millie's mattress, in the middle of removing the towel upon her head. "Millie, you never told me your mom went to Fiji!"

The brunette mustered a small laugh as she glanced her way. "Guess I just forgot."

But she didn't forget, obviously. She just didn't care much to mention it.

Plus, she figured they must have already known. Her mother was so adamant about setting up a trip for her and her friends to somewhere she deemed exotic, she thought she would have already spoken to their mothers about it. And much like everything else in this neighborhood, it would spread like wildfire.

Apparently her mother had yet to tell Mrs. Ziegler and Mrs. Lillis.

"How could you forget to tell us about Fiji?" Maddie snorted. "Fiji is so pretty. My parents went there for their honeymoon, you know. I don't know how you could just forget it. They even said themselves that it's unforgettable."

Millie's grip tightened along the fan in her hand. Could she get any more dense? As if it were her responsibility to inform them of her mother working in Fiji because it's an expensive trip and so pretty.

"When she's been almost everywhere," Millie muttered, faking a smile, "Fiji almost feels like nothing."

"It's Fiji," Maddie scoffed, flicking her damp blonde hair behind her shoulder as she scrunched her nose. "How could that be nothing?"