Chapter 21 - Point

Disclaimer: I do not own the Vampire Diaries or any characters.

Thank you to I_have_no_life_2020, Prettylittletalker and Marvel_girl23 for voting on the last chapter! Honestly, your continued support means the world to me and motivates me to keep writing so thank you SO much!!!

ATTENTION: Since this chapter is a little shorter than normal, the next update will be on Friday as a special treat! Hope you enjoy!

"Oh look, it's Stefan and barbie Klaus." Damon cooed as Rebekah and Stefan descended rotting steps into what appeared to be the remains of a storing room. Dotted among the flickering candles remained the odd dust covered glass jar or book on the rotting shelves lining the walls.

Damon reclined in a rocking chair hands laced together with a devilish smirk trying to distract from the tense set of his jaw. Elena moved from wandering around the room to stand arms crossed behind Damon, her piercing glare fixated on Rebekah. With a smile Rebekah cocked her head to the side.

"Oh, good the poser and the doppelganger are here, our lives are now complete."

Stefan merely rolled his eyes before calling over his shoulder,

"We found Damon and Elena!"

"You can un-find them then! Our death will be more peaceful!" Klaus' reply echoed down the stairs followed by the sound of his and Caroline's footsteps. Elena huffed at the comments jutting her chin out she said:

"I don't see why you are taking this out on us, if your mother wasn't trying to kill the two of you then none of us would be here."

"Yes, my mother trying to kill us, and all of the vampires descended from us certainly won't impact you Elena. It will kill Damon for sure, probably in a slow and painful way, but the doppelganger will live so everything is sunshine and rainbows."

"You're an ass Rebekah."

"I know, a very pretty one as well." Rebekah smirked tilting her head to the side and batting her eyelashes as Elena grit her teeth. Oh, the fun of winding the little human up. "Now seen as Elena has no point why don't we go find my brothers and get the hell out of here."

"You can never be civil, can you?" Stefan asked as they began to ascend the stairs, but he was trying to smother a smile.

"What is the fun in that?" Rebekah laughed before swishing her hips in Stefan's face with a smirk. Stefan's reply was cut short by Caroline's voice.

"Maybe Elena does have a point-"

"Caroline, you're supposed to be my friend how can you talk about me like-"

"Go on." Klaus prompted as Rebekah and Stefan paused on the stairs.

"Esther brought everyone here for a reason she brought your siblings," She pointed at Klaus with a manicured nail, "Because she wants to kill you. She said she'd brought Katherine here as well, that's four vampires I bet it's one for each Mikaelson brother. She must bind us all together somehow using the magic she stored in Rebekah and I bet she needs the doppelganger for something if she went to the effort of kidnaping her."

"What the hell you on about Caroline? What spell?" Damon snapped standing from the chair, subconsciously Klaus moved to stand in front of Caroline glaring at Damon.

"Don't talk to her that way." Klaus fumed.

"Caroline's right," The stairs creaked with the new voice and they all snapped their gaze to Bonnie who peered down at them all, a Grimoire nestled in her hands. "Esther needs the blood of the doppelganger to complete the spell." Stefan and Rebekah stepped to the side allowing Bonnie to descend the stairs. The candles flared as her foot touched the floor, the ancient witches sensing the presence of their blood welcoming her while warning the vampires to stay away. "She has to do it as the sun rises, she'll take your daylight rings exposing you to the sun you are servant to weakening you enough to let her do the spell. She'll use the energy stored in Rebekah to strengthen her own."

The house sighed and groaned unused to having inhabitants as they all stared at Bonnie, the young witch meeting each of their gazes with a cool stare.

"Are you going to help her or stop her?" Stefan asked at last. He trusted Bonnie with his life, but witches were no different than anyone else their allegiances always lying with their family and currently, all of Bonnie's ancestors begged her to do the spell.

"Esther gave me no choice-"

"I'll rip you limb from limb!" Klaus yelled, voice jerking as Caroline yanked him backwards by the bicep, "I'm not innocent, but don't let the rest of them suffer this fate!"

The candles roared and the spirits jumped from the walls their energy crackling in the air. Klaus collapsed to the ground with a bellow, clutching his head.

"Stop it you old hags," He roared spit flying, Bonnie's boots came into his line of sight and the blistering pain in his head eased off.

"As I was saying, Esther and the witches are so powerful they have given me no choice."

"How do we stop the spell then?" Stefan asked looping an arm around Rebekah's waist and pulling her close, he did not like the thought of her being near this many witches.

"I've examined the Grimoire, looked at every counter spell I know. We can't stop Esther."

"Bollocks," Rebekah stated shrugging Stefan's arm off, she began to march up the stairs, "Every spell has a loophole and we're going to find it. Everyone who would like to live, I suggest you help."

Rebekah breathed deeply as she went back into the corridor, the light dimmer in there easing the pounding behind her eyes. She massaged the bridge of her nose while she waited for Stefan to come up leaning against the wall with a sigh.

The spell was starting to take effect.

Thank you all for reading the Spare Girl!

Loved it? Hated it? Thought there was room for improvement? Please let me know by leaving a comment or voting on the chapter! 

Do you think there is a loophole? If so, what do you think it could be?

Do you like protective Klaus in this chapter, or not?

Please let me know in a review!

Have an amazing day - Lilac442

P.S Don't forget about Friday's special update!!!