Chapter 4 - The Intriguing Women

The car window fogged up more with each breath she took, but she could not bring herself to wipe away the water vapour barrier protecting her from the modern world. At least lounged in the back of her brother's 1925 Phantom which appeared to be caught in a time warp like her, she could pretend the world did not move on. The journey had been a slog, they had hit every red light, got stuck in every traffic jam and lumped behind every slow driver, and with twenty minutes until they arrived Rebekah fought to scrounger up the courage to keep her eyes open. Never had she been so thankful for a driver, her gaze flickered to the tight-lipped man sat rim rod straight in the front seat, she would not have made the trip in one piece with her limited driving skills. In the 20's she had driven a hand full of times firstly because societal rules frowned upon a woman driving and secondly because Nik and Stefan had fretted too much over her stubborn nature causing an accident.

The skyscrapers clawed into the sky above her, the people buzzing in tune with their phones, the suffocating traffic fumes penetrating her nostrils as they navigated the streets of the windy city. She instructed the driver, despite his GPS, tracing the back of her gloved hand as if it were a map to his apartment. Pulling her fur coat tighter she took the drivers offered hand before taking her trunk from him and striding towards Stefan's apartment.

Before she knew it, her white glove was rapping against his green door listening to his huffed sigh and shuffled footsteps.

"Rebekah," He breathed, drinking her in – blonde hair tucked neatly into a ponytail, an emerald dress peeking out from the bottom of her cocoon fur coat and Mary Jane shoes gleaming in the afternoon light. "What are you doing here?"

"I am not sure yet," Her eyes flickered over his unkempt hair, rumpled bed shirt and sunken eyes. Her nose wrinkled as she took a step towards him, "But I do know you need a shower." She ushered him back into the apartment memory directing her as she pulled a clean shirt, slacks and boxers from the dresser placing them in his hands before floating over to the curtains and yanking them open.

"Bekah," He hissed behind her shielding his eyes as she began to make his bed, tossing a blood bag to the side. "What are you doing?"

"You already asked me that Mr Salvatore," She said fluffing his pillow, "Now go shower, I'll clean this place up and then we will figure out what I am doing here together."

Rebekah smiled as the shower went on picking up several books discarded on the floor, she placed them on the bookcase in the kitchen resting her hand on the painted wood for a moment. She knew what was behind the bookcase, Klaus was not the only one Stefan had told about his list and her fingers itched to pull the bookcase back and see if any new names had been added. Was Stefan up to his old tricks in Chicago?

Instead, she strolled into the kitchen grabbing the receiver off the wall phone and calling the front desk asking for some food to be brought up from restaurant across the street. She threw her coat onto a chair as he emerged from the shower still rolling up the sleeves of his Oxford shirt. The tailored shirt hugged the contours of his muscles making her knees noodles when he peeked at her through his damp fringe.

"Well hello Mr Salvatore, I'm so glad you could join me." She swished over to him passing him a wine glass before guiding him to sit with her on the sofa. A small cloud of dust rose as they sat and he gave her a sheepish look, she will have to give this place a proper clean in the morning.

"Now seriously Bekah, what are you doing here?"

"I honestly don't know, I just...needed to be with you right now," She swept a damp piece of hair off his forehead and he leaned into his touch, "And I think you need someone to hold you steady."

The Spare Girl ( The Vampire Diaries)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें