Chapter 15 - Roaring Drunk

Disclaimer: I do not own the Vampire Diaries or any character or the Great Gatsby which this chapter was inspired by.

Hi everyone! I wanted to say thank you to Marvel_girl23, leleparabatai, I_have_no_life_2020 and Prettylittletalker for voting on the previous chapter. Your continued support means so much to me!

BTW: This chapter is inspired by the Great Gatsby, so let me know if like content like this!

The ground is a deck of a storm-tossed boat when Rebekah crosses the room to get another bottle of something or over Klaus had displayed on the mantle.

"What is it?" Klaus called, slumped over an armchair an empty glass in one hand the over cradling his unsteady head. Feet propped on the table he sank further into the chair as Rebekah topped him off.

Rebekah peered down at the bottle attempting to make out the letters, "Springbank 1919!" She cried victoriously when the words finally came into focus. "How fantastic... we used to drink this stuff in the 20's." Rebekah refilled Elijah's glass. The liquor sloshing dangerously close to the glass's rim. Elijah reclined into the other armchair staring at the wedding-cake celling seemingly drinking alone, only noticing the others when his glass ran dry.

"Bought it just for you sweetheart." Klaus cried his voice unnaturally loud in the living room.

Kol sprawled across the end of the grand sofa, the only grounded object in the room, the basket of a hot air balloon stopping its inhabitants from floating away. Weights tethered Kol's limbs to the ground rendering him useless unable to even raise his glass halfway for Rebekah to fill. He wallowed in his own stupor, drifting in and out of the others conversation like the tide his sense of reality seemingly gone past those in the room.

Claiming the rest of the bottle Rebekah fell back into the other end of the sofa where Stefan's greedy arms awaited throwing an arm around her shoulder capturing her once again.

"So, Klaus," Stefan began holding his glass to Rebekah to be refilled before returning his attention to Klaus, "How are your plans for world domination going this week."

"Didn't you hear buddy; I'm taking the weekend off. The doppelganger will still be there on Monday."

"Well it is Mystic Falls," Rebekah drawled, "For all we know a Banshee could have come and gobbled her up."

"Banshees exist?" Stefan asked.

"Don't be ridiculous sister," Kol said, "It's far more likely a Wendigo eat her than a banshee."

Rebekah rolled her head to look at Stefan who appeared deep in thought, eyebrows furrowed contemplating the fate of humanity. Finally, he opened his mouth again,

"Are werewolves and wendigos friends?" Klaus snorted into his drink and Rebekah let out a shrill laugh which carried itself with the breeze around the room. "No, I'm serious cause Wendigos have the skull of a wolf, so can you like communicate with them Klaus?"

"If I see a wendigo, I'm a bit more concerned with ripping it apart than asking if it wants a pint."

"Fair enough."

Klaus gave Stefan one of his rare smiles that meant something, it made you melt into your seat suddenly relaxed by the smile's promise of infinite hope. Reassuring you, you were always enough. It made you believe that no matter how long the dark night was he would be there with you when the sun finally reared its head.

At some point Kol scrounged up some cigars which the men now smoked, billows and eddies of smoke curled around Rebekah kissing her skin. She dipped her head back after another sip letting her body float off the sofa as if preparing to make a short flight around the house. An open window released a breeze into the house which captured the velvet curtains and the smoke swirling them together.