Chapter 19 - Mother

Disclaimer I do not own the Vampire Diaries or any of the characters.

Attention: I am deeply sorry for the skipped update last week, as some of you may know the UK has gone into lockdown 2.0 which made last week a bit maniac. However, the upside to lockdown 2.0 is there is more time for writing! Therefore, next week's update will happen on time!

Thank you to Marvel_girl23, I_have_no_life_2020 for voting on Chapter 18! I'm so happy you liked it! Thank you as well to marvelous_wonder and Tjazzy_xoxox for voting on chapter 1 and ch33kygirl for voting on chapter 4! I hope you all enjoy the story!

"Stefan?" The words left her lips in a whisper too soft for human ears to detect, but he heard her. The door in the far corner of the room creaked open to reveal him. Arms crossed over his chest staring at Esther with the haunted glare of all his demons. "What are you doing with him, why he is here? Let him go!"

"Now, now Rebekah, Stefan here is an essential part of my plan to finally undo the wrong I did all those centuries ago." Esther chastised her making Rebekah struggle to move her limbs, so she could get Stefan away to safety. But they refused to move more than an inch.

"Don't bother Rebekah," Stefan seethed, "Nik and Elijah tried to escape already, she just knocked them out again."

Rebekah paused. If her brothers were in an equally helpless situation then what chance did, they have of any of them being saved? If Esther was powerful enough to control Klaus, then who knows what she could do to Stefan and Rebekah.

"Who else have you taken?" Rebekah asked,

"Only the people necessary, your brothers of course, Miss Forbes over there," She motioned to Caroline's limp body by the fireplace, noticing her for the first time Stefan tried to move towards her but his limbs were rooted to the spot. With a growl he returned to glaring at Esther. "Miss Bonnie Bennet to aid with the spell-"

"Bonnie will never help you!" Stefan spat.

"Oh, I think she will, and if her compassion gets in the way of her hatred for vampires then I have ways of making her help. I also have Elijah's Katerina, ran into her on her way into to town – very pretty girl and so is her doppelganger."

"Why do you need all these people mother?"

"For the spell of course dear," Esther stood up gliding across the room to stand over Rebekah. She stroked Rebekah's cheek and for a second Rebekah thought she saw a glimpse of her old mother, the one who loved her children. "I thought twenty first women were supposed to be intelligent Rebekah."

Esther turned on her heel striding across to a different door behind the sofa. She paused in the doorway and with the flick of her wrist Stefan and Rebekah were released from their paralysis. She watched as Stefan dashed to Rebekah engulfing her in a hug, burying his head into her hair and clinging to her.

"Don't even think about escaping, the wards I have on this house are far too strong," Esther waited for Rebekah to turn to look at her before saying, "I'll be back before sun rise, I have plans for you then daughter."

Esther exited with the door thudding shut behind, her heels clacking against the rotting floorboards echoed through the corridors fading out into nothingness. Who knew what would happen when they came back.

"Rebekah, my songbird, are you alright?" Stefan asked cradling her face millimetres from his own.

"Yes, I'm fine. What about you?"

"I'm fine she didn't do anything to me, but she took you away hours ago and I didn't know what happened to you or if she'd already killed you or if you were hurt or-"

"Stefan calm down," Rebekah interrupted smoothing a thumb over his cheek which he leaned into with a sigh. Despite herself, Rebekah couldn't help but smile - she'd finally found someone who loved her enough to worry about her. "I'm fine, she didn't do anything to me."

"Yes...she did..." Their heads whipped round to Caroline, both forgetting her presence (even if she was unconscious) in their intimate moment. She'd propped herself up against the fireplace, lifting a hand to the gash on her head becoming coated in blood.

"Caroline," Rebekah abandoned Stefan's grasp to blur across the room to her, kneeling beside her to examine the head wound. More out of habit than anything else, Caroline was a vampire after all the wound would knit itself back together in a matter of minutes. "I'm sorry for my mother's behaviour, it is inexcusable of her to involve you in this. Are you alright?"

"I'm fine Rebekah, but your really not."

"What are you talking about?" Stefan asked helping Caroline stand, she released a moan wobbling on her feet for a few seconds making Stefan wrap an arm around her waist guiding her to the sofa. Caroline eased herself onto it trying to stop the throbbing in her head from increasing, she cradled it in one hand as Rebekah took the other when she sat beside her.

"Esther cast a spell on Rebekah using my blood, she said she required a magical vessel or something like that...I don't know I was still dizzy when she was talking."

"But I feel fine..." Rebekah trailed off looking down at herself as if her arteries would suddenly burst.

"That's because the spell hasn't taken affect yet, sister." All three of them jumped as the cold British accent cut through the air, "Relax love, didn't mean to startle you." The three of them turned to where Klaus slumped against the doorway, arms crossed over his chest making the muscles bulge in his Henley. They almost distracted Caroline from the blood streaked down his shirt.

"Nik! Are you alright, what's happening?" Rebekah stood making to hug her brother, but Klaus grabbed her arm, gently, holding her at arm's length. He led her over to the free sofa and with a softness in his voice she hadn't heard him use since they were children he said. "I think you need to sit down Bekah; you don't have much time left."

Thank you for reading the Spare Girl!

Like it? Love it? Things I could improve on? Please let me know by considering to leave a comment or vote!

What do you think is wrong with Rebekah?

Do you like caring Klaus or prefer him with a colder exterior?

Have an amazing day everyone! I know times are hard right now, but we will get through this together so keep going!