TEN

It's now Saturday and we have just won a game against Tottenham 2-0. All of the girls are in the changing rooms and Steph has something to say.

"First of all, good game today girls. You all did me proud. Second, I've booked a private session at the axe throwing place in the City. It's for everyone to bond and to have a bit of fun. I know this is very last minute, I'm sorry about that but I only saw it this morning. The session is at half 1 tomorrow afternoon. Let me know if you can or can't make it. It would be nice if some of the girls who are coming could provide lifts. Put it on the group chat if you are giving lifts. I'll come around the room and write everyone's name down for who IS coming."

I carry on getting changed as she goes around the room. I think about if I planned anything for tomorrow and I don't think I did so I decide to go. I don't see why I can't pick people up as well. When I'm ready, I sit at my locker, scrolling through Instagram to waste time. I see that people are still tagging Lucy and Me in things and making things up. I've kind of got used to the posts now and ignore them. When I'm not paying attention, Steph makes me jump by tapping me. I take out my AirPods and have a quick conversation with her. I let her know that I'm going tomorrow and that I can give lifts. She asks I she can pick KB, Lucy and herself up and I say yes. Steph also asks me if I've ever done axe throwing and I haven't, but I've done knife throwing and I was pretty good at that. We finish our conversation and then she moves on to Stanway. I pack my things up and head out to my car once I say goodbye to the girls that are still there.

******

It's now 1pm and I'm driving to the axe throwing place with Karen's awful music playing. Lucy and Steph keep making fun of her, making me laugh and it's honestly quite distracting. Steph has enough of it and Karen is sick of being bullied so she hands the roll of being DJ to our captain. This honestly might have been the best decision ever made. Steph's music is so much better and even KB agrees.

When we arrive, we are the first ones there, so we sit and talk between us and have a coffee. By the time we finish our drinks, the rest of the girls get here. Not a lot of the girls actually come but some do. Janine, Georgia, Jill, Ellie and Caroline show up. Steph tells the people that we are ready, and an instructor comes over to us. She shows us how to hold and throw the axe properly and then leaves us to it. She helps some of us that are struggling including myself and then also brings us some knives out. I sick to those for a while but then have another go with the axe. I'm lining up to go after Ellie who throws the axe right on target.

I pick up the axe, hold it in my right hand and throw it with a lot of strength. Apparently too much strength because the tip of the axe doesn't stick into the wooden target, instead it bounces off and I have to duck out of the way before it hits me in the head. Ellie comes up to me and tells me that I have good reaction times and I laugh it off. I almost died but oh well, the axe missed. This time I'll definitely stick to knives. They are easier and smaller so won't cause as much damage.

Once everyone has had enough of throwing axes, we go to TAKK cafe for a while. I go to the counter straight away and get a coconut latte and then go sit down. Stanway, Scott and Weir sit with me on the table of 4 and everyone else sits on the table behind us. Janine keeps turning around and bugging jill and she's getting annoyed. We keep laughing at her which probably encourages Janine. When Janine goes to tickle her, Jill catches her hand but is pulled backwards. Jill falls off her chair starts laughing. She's not hurt or anything so it's funny. Janine feels a little sorry but keeps laughing as she's apologising. I've finished my drink at this point, so I go up to the counter and get another one.

I ask the nice lady behind the counter if I can have another coconut latte which she whisks off to make. She comes back with the drink in her hand, saying how much it will be. Before I can tell her I want to pay on my card, the person behind me tells her to add a normal latte to the order and she'll pay. I turn around to see that it is Lucy.

"Thank you. Not complaining, but why did you just pay for my drink?" She didn't need to at all.

"I felt generous for once. Plus, I owe you for the other day."

"You really don't. And now I owe you a drink. How about I bring you one before training tomorrow?" I can't not buy her one now that she's bought me one.

"I don't like drinking coffee before training unless I'm in need. However, we could go for one after the session tomorrow?" That don't sound like a bad idea.

"Okay yeah, I'll pick you up in the morning if you want?"

"Yeah okay. I have to go anyways because I'm meeting Jordan. She's come up from London, so I got to so pick her up from the train station." I then see that she has a takeaway cup in her hand. We say goodbye and she disappears out of the door. I go back to the girls who are still bullying Jill and now KB.