THIRTY THREE

Today is the last full day that we have in Rhodes. Tomorrow we only have half of the day until we have to go to the airport and then go home. We didn't want to do anything to tiring today so we are just going to go to the beach and walk around town to get some gift for family.

Right now, I've just got out of the shower and my hair is wet so I'm pulling a brush through it to make it less tangled. I make sure that my towel is secure before I sit down at the dressing table. I part my hair down the middle and start to braid it. It takes me about 15 minutes to finish my hair and then another 10 minutes to get dressed.

Lucy has just nipped to get me a coffee and to sit at a table. She woke up earlier than me, so she was also ready earlier than me. Once I'm satisfied with my look, I lock the door behind me and go over to Lucy. She's sat on her phone with two coffees in front of her. I sit across from her and she puts her phone on the table so she can talk to me. A couple of minutes later, I go over to get my breakfast that consists of some cereal and 3 slices of melon. Not watermelon though because I don't like that. Lucy goes up after me and she gets fruit like usual but with yogurt poured over it today. We sit at talk for a while about how much we've enjoyed our time here, but we are ready to back. Only I keep thinking about the cold rainy weather in Manchester.

When we are done with breakfast, we go back over to the room to pack a bag for today. In the bag there are two towels, sun cream, drinks and our wallets. I re-do my hair and put it up in a messy bun so it's out of the way and then slip my flip flops back on. Lucy is patiently sat on the bed waiting for me. She stands up when she sees that I'm ready and then puts her own shoes on too. We head out the door and lock it behind us and then make our way to the beach. The bartender here told us about another beach that is just a little further up from the beach that we went to last time. We wanted to take a look at it, so we go to the normal beach and then we'll find it from there.

The walk to the beach only lasts about 10 minutes. The walk is always fun because we play a game on the way down called the alphabet game. We pick a topic and then for each letter of the alphabet we would say a word starting with that letter. For example, for girls' names, we could say Abbie and Alex for A and Beth and Brenda for B and so on... It's fun to play it with Lucy because she comes up with older names like Brenda. We are still playing the game when we reach the beach, so we keep playing whilst we try and find the other one. We walk for another 15 minutes give or take when we actually look around us. There are people up the beach that'll take probably another 5 minutes to walk there but that's fine.

When we get there, the beach is abnormally quiet. We look around and something isn't right. We pay more attention to the people and that's when I realise...

"Lucy, I think we walked a little too far."

"Why's that?"

"Everyone is naked...." That's right. We walked that far that we had reached the nudist beach. I'd heard people talking about it when we were around the pool, but I never thought that we would stumble across it. Lucy looks around and then looks at me with a look on her face. She's so close to bursting into laugher.

"Run." is all she says in a quiet voice. We turn and we run as fast as possible on sand until we can barely breathe. We get far enough that when we turn around, we can't see naked people and more. We walk the rest of the distance to the other beach and then a little further down to the main beach of the place we are staying at. We call into a shop on the beach front so we can re-hydrate and sort ourselves out after that catastrophe. We keep laughing about it neither of us can believe it.

We sit on the beach with our drinks, talk about random things for a while until I notice an inflatable obstacle course out in the sea. I point it out to Lucy, and she thinks that we should have a go on it. There are signs saying that there are lockers that we can put our things in so they're safe. We do that and get some money out of our wallets to pay for the obstacle course.