THIRTY TWO

Today we woke up somewhere around 11 because we got in super late due to the antics of the beach. It must have been around 4am when we actually got in. I didnt want to have too many drinks but i think i had a few too many. I feel horrible. Lucy seems to be fine and I dont know how.

I'm still layed in bed half asleep right now and Lucy isnt with me to make me feel better. I think she went for breakfast but i didnt want any because I might be sick. I must have fallen asleep again because now, I feel lucy's hand on my head, stroking my hair.

"Goodmorning babe, are you okay?" I shake my head because my head is killing me. Lucy's hand leaves my head and i open my eyes. She has brought me an iced coffee and some ibroprufen aswell as a bowl of fruit.

"Thank you. youre a life saver." She kisses my head and leaves me to eat my food in peace.

"I'm just going to Facetime Kiera. I'll be out on the balcony." I nod with my mouth full of apple. I Snapchat Leah, Addy and Grace and tell them about last night. They ask what the plans are for today and I actually have no idea what we are doing today so I shout Lucy.

"LUCE!" She come in, no longer on the phone to Kiera. She might not have answered to be honest.

"Yes, are you okay?" She looks worried about me eventhough I'm fine.

"Yeah, what are we doing today?"

"I dont know. what do you want to do? We still have time to do a lot of things as long as it's not to do with alcohol because you're a mess right now.

"Wow... How rude. But no, I dont want to go near alcohol for a while. How about we go to the Old Town in Rodos? Apparently it only takes about half an hour to get there and we can go shopping there."

"Yeah, Im down. Do you want to drive there or go on the bus?"

"There's a coach that comes by the hotel at 1pm so we could get that?" It's currenly 12.15 so i need to get ready if we are doing this.

"Yeah okay. Do we need to buy tickets for this from reception?"

"I think so. Could you take my wallet and get some? Dont forget returns." She nods and a gives me thumbs up whilst taking a drink of her own iced coffee. She picks up my wallet and off she goes. I go straight to the shower and wash all of the sand and dirt off of me. Once clean, I get dressed into some shorts and a white crop and some flip flops. I finish my coffee and brush my teeth so I dont have bad breath all day. I put my white trainers in my bag just in case my feet start to hurt and then put sun cream and sun glasses along with one of the wallets. This is where I realise that Lucy took her own wallet and not mine even though i wanted to pay for today. I'll just have to buy her something whilst we are there. She comes back into the room, holding the tickets and tells me that it was only 20 euros for the both of us which isnt bad.

Eventually, we were fully ready and we got on the coach to The Old Town. Whilst on our way, I googled it and it looks cool. It's an old city populated by only 6000 people. There are shope, cafes, bars, museums and everything you could think of within the city walls. Surrounding the walls there are a couple of beaches and the main harbour. When the coach comes to a stop, Lucy and I get off and I feel the heat straight away. I put on my sun glasses and walked down the road with Lucy, hand in hand. We walk around the huge harbour first and see boats entering and exiting the harbour. There are a few ferry boats and a couple Cruise ships waiting patiently for passengers to board. We take a few photos of the boats. We turn around and go into the castle walls to be met by a tone of people. We walk up streets, in and out of shops and we even tak a look in one of the museums. Lucy was very satisfied in the museum.

We stop at one of the cafes and order some food because I'm feeling a lot better. The waiter sits us down and hands us menus and we glance over them. I end up getting a grilled halloumi pitta with salad and an iced coffee and Lucy gets the exact same. We talk amongst ourselves and eat our food when it arrives. The coffee was that good that I got another one. Lucy just got a water this time. I payed for the food once we had finished and then we were on our way around the town again.

We walk up a few more streets until Lucy needs the toilet. I tell her I'm going to look in one of the shops across from the toilets and she says okay. I walk in and it's full of jewellery. There are reels of metals to make necklaces, bracelets or anklets. I scan over them and find one that looks all twisted. I ask the lady if I can look at it closer and she nods her head. It's supposed to look like rope. It's very nice. I look at some more of the metals and realise that the rope style is in gold and silver. I ask the woman if I can buy a gold and silver bracelet made in the rope metal. She makes it quickly and then tells me the price. 90 euros. 40 for mine and 50 for Lucy's. I got Lucy the gold one because most of her jewellery is gold. I only wear silver jewellery other than Dads wedding ring around my neck on a silver chain. She gives me the bracelets in a brown gift which I put in my backpack so Lucy doesn't see them. I walk out of the shop after thanking the woman again and wait for Lucy. She is over the street, looking at something in a shop.

"Hey, you already?" I ask her.

"Yeah. Let's go." She holds my hand and we walk further around the Town. We spend a couple more hours, going in and out of shops until we need to go back to the coach. On our way back to the meeting point, we call into an ice cream shop and get a pot each. I get a small pot of Coconut and Lucy gets a small pot of lemon. Lucy takes a spoon full of hers and puts it straight in which she regrets. She pulls a face at how sour it is. I try a little bit and I understand why her face was in such a tangle. After laughing at Lucy eating her ice cream, we make it back to the meeting point and look out onto the harbour.

The coach took us back and it was getting quite late. When we got back to the hotel, we went to the shop that is in the reception and got some playing cards. We also picked up two 6packs of Smirnoff Ices. When we get to the room, we put the drinks in the fridge and then wait to drink them. We start playing cards and of course Lucy wins. What doesn't she win at?

We've been playing for about an hour when I remember that I got Lucy a gift. I tell her I'm going to get us a drink because we have both ran out and go inside. (We are sat on the balcony playing). I go to the fridge to get the drinks and then get the bracelets out of my bag. Lucy grabs the drinks off of me when I go back out to her and she opens then with her ring. I take a sip of mine and then slide the brown bag over to her. Confused, she opens the bag and reaches inside. She pulls out both of them and inspects them in awe.

"The gold one is for you and mine is the silver one. Do you like them?" She's still liking ah them.

"I love them. Past me your wrist." I willingly do so and she puts the silver around me. I do the same with her gold one. She plays with it on her wrist, smiling like crazy. We put our wrists side my side and take a photo of the matching bracelets. We keep playing cards and joking around with each other until we are both getting sleepy. We fall sleep with my head on Lucy's chest and her playing with my hair.

A/N

Happy International Women's day!

I hope you are all enjoying this book. It's crazy that this book has 4k reads. I honestly didn't think it would get 100 so I'm beyond happy. Thank you to everyone who has read up to this point.

Just a reminder that I read inboxes and comments and will respond to most messages. Again, thank you everyone! x

Later Note... I'm sorry to the people that had to read this chapter before I checked it again. I clearly didn't read this one after editing it. A friend pointed out that I had copy and pasted the chapter after the old version and both were in one chapter. Very sorry guys!