TWO

It's finally Friday and I'm sat with Addison. We're in Starbucks and she's telling me about Greece. She met this guy over there and it's reminding me of how lonely I am. I've not been in a relationship in a year I think and it's pretty shit.

"Give me your phone. I'm going to make you a tinder account" she snatches my phone out of my hand and laughs at herself "I'm sick of you being by yourself. You need yourself a nice girl beside you"

She's been on my phone for about half an hour. Trying to find a good photo of me. She used a photo of me mid action, playing against Arsenal reserves. Then she adds a photo of me from a night out and then one from mums wedding last year.

The bio she made me is tragic. If anyone actually read those things then people would avoid me.

"I'm 21, play for Manchester City and I'm a Gemini. You'll have lots of fun with me. I'm worth going on a date with 😉"

"Addi I can't use that. I'd get bullied by my team if they found out and I wouldn't get a date. Not even with the most desperate person alive." She laughs at me and hands me my phone back.

I quickly change the bio to something more fitting and less cringy and let her read it.

"I guess that's a bit better. I'm not shy when I go out so I'll come on to anyone after a few drinks, unlike you. I don't need an app to help me." that's the difference between my sister and me. I am kind of shy when it comes to new people and I don't really drunk because well... I'm a footballer. Every so often I'll let loose but football is my everything so I don't want to ruin that for myself by drinking and all that.

Addison swipes some people for a while and I order us some more drinks. Of course I'm paying even though she's got more money than me.

"Jess!! It's City! They're calling quick!" I jump out of the line and quickly answer the phone.

I stand outside in the rare Manchester sun and take the best phone call of my life.

"Hello Jessica Miller. This is Josh Burns from the scouting agency for Manchester City Women's Club. We're calling to tell you that we are interested in you. We saw you play the game on Tuesday evening against West Ham United and we were really impressed. We are willing to give you the opportunity to come and play for the First team. Is that something you would be interested in?" OH MY FUCKING GOD!!

"Wow. Thank you! I'd love to take you up on this." I try my best to sound calm and collected but inside I'm dying! This is amazing!!

We continue the phone call and he tells me that they will be in touch with me later regarding my training time and when I need to go to the offices to sign my contract.

To prank Addison, I walk in pretending to be upset. I even make a tear roll down. I get to her and she has a small frown on her face as if she knows what's been said.

"What happened?" She quietly says

"I got the place..." not clicking on she says,

"That's too bad buddy... you can always try later on in the seas.... wait what? They want to sign you??"

"YES! I actually got the place!!"

She jumps up and hugs me. I can tell she's happy for me. We both are. We both talk about how this has been my dream for so long. Ever since I was about 12 I knew I wanted to play football professionally. Now I really am going to with some of the best players in the world. It will be an honour playing with top class players.

I call Grace to tell her that I got into the team. Every day I have stressed so much to her that I wanted to be on the team and that I kind of deserve the place after the way I played on Tuesday. Finally, something good has come to me.