Chapter 12

Words can't even describe how upset I am over  Ashton. It's not like we're even dating--yet what he said to me hurt.

Really badly.

Does he not realize that his words have an effect on me? You can't just say to someone that you have feelings for them then just take it back. That's inhuman and just not right.

I debated on pretending to be sick and just laying in bed all day but the thought of being surrounded by my own consciousness scared me to the point where I got all ready for school under 10 minutes.

"Hey slum dog" Amy shouted through the crowded hallway, "what's up?"

"Oh hey" I replied, closing my locker and turning to her, "I feel like I haven't seen you in a long time"

She gave me a sheepish smile, "I know and I'm sorry about that. We've both been so busy lately"

"Do you wanna hangout tonight?"

"I can't... Mark and I are hanging out. Tomorrow night we should"

"You and Mark have been spending a lot time together"

"Yeah..." she shrugged, with a soft smile playing on her lips, "I really like him and I think he likes me too"

I wrapped her in a side hug, "I'm so happy for you! That's amazing"

"I don't wanna get my hopes up but hopefully tonight he'll ask me to be his girlfriend"

"I'm sure he will! I don't see why he wouldn't"

"Amy, you ready to go?" Someone said from behind us.

We both turned around and saw Mark, standing behind us with both hands in the front pockets of his jeans. He smiled at Amy and it made my heart ache.

"Yeah let me grab my jacket. I'll give you a call tonight Maggie"

I watched the backs of Amy and Mark as they walked down the hallway.

I gave her my best smile, "I'm happy for you" I told her.

"Hey Amy ready to go?" Mark said behind Amy as he turned the corner that led to us.

Amy gave me a quick hug before running off to catch up with Mark. I watched as they held hands as they walked down the hall towards the exit.

"Hey Cory" I shouted as I saw him walk past me.

He turned around, saw me then quickly turned back around and kept walking.

"Cory" I shouted again.

This time he stopped walking and looked at me.

"What?" He shouted back

"I'm sorry about what happened, about your face and everything"

Cory's face was still bruised with purple, yellow and black all along his cheek and below his eyes. His nose was the same colour.

"It's fine. Didn't hurt"

I smiled at him, "wanna go out sometime again? Re-try the date?"

"Sure, how about now? I could go for tacos"

I picked up my backpack and followed him as we walked through the halls towards the exit near my moms office.

"I need to tell my mom" I told Cory as I begin walking into her office

"I'll wait out here"

"Mom?" I shouted, walking into her office.

She looked up from her papers she was looking at as she sat behind her desk.

"Yes?"

"I have another date with Cory right now"

My mom looked shocked as I said Cory's name, she knew I had an awful time the first time.

"Uh OK. Be home by 10"

I walked out of her office to meet up with Cory. He grabbed my hand and held it as we walked to his car.

Cory wasn't on his phone as much as he was last time. We talked a bit as we ate our taco and chips.

Cory and I went to all the same schools, had some classes together and yet we've never talked to each other. All because of school and popularity.

Just as we finished eating Cory's phone rang.

He picked it up and looked at it, "sorry I need to take this"

He stood up and pressed the phone to his ear, "hello" I heard him say as he walked away

I heard him mumble a few yes and no's but nothing else. The conversation with whoever he was talking to was quick.

He was in no time sitting back in our booth. He had a smile on his face as he looked at me.

"Wanna do something fun?" He asked with a little to much excitement in his voice

"Uh sure?"

He jumped out of the booth and over to my side. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the booth and towards his car.

We drove until we ended up in a vacant parking lot beside the library.

"What are we goi-" I started to ask until I felt a pair of lips on mine.

This was my first kiss. I excepted my first to be magical, this, this isn't magical more like I was kissing a fish. A dead one. I pulled back instantly.

"What are you doing?" I shrieked

Cory grabbed the back of my head and pulled me onto his lips again. I didn't kiss back. I didn't want to. It was to gross and unnatural feeling. His free hand started moving up my thigh, higher and higher as he kissed me. I wanted to gag so badly right now. It was killing me not to. Was he enjoying this? He's had way better then this kiss. Why didn't he stop?

His hand slid under my shirt and up my stomach, almost at my bra. I had to move away before he touched me there and I knew he was going to.

Sure enough just as he did touch my bra I punched him right in the balls. He screamed out in pain as I took the opportunity to punch him again, this time in the nose. It was the perfect spot since he was to busy focusing on holding his balls.

"See ya asshole" I said as I grabbed my stuff and got out of his car.