Epilogue

After 6 long months, I present to you the epilogue of The Baby and Marriage Project!

            I fumbled with my house keys as I tried balancing 3 grocery bags on my hips. Letting out a frustrated groan, I dropped one of the heavy bags onto the ground and jammed the key into it's lock. From the other side of the door I could hear the t.v. blaring with a commercial about bleach. 

Walking into the kitchen, I set the 2 bags of groceries down onto the island. I then grabbed the t.v. remote and shut off the annoying noise. My headache was already getting worse by the minute and it didn't help that Teddy was going to have friends over tonight for poker night. I walked back into the hallway and grabbed the last bag.

"Are you freaking serious?" I complained, opening the broken carton of eggs. 

"Maggie is that you?" Teddy shouted, walking into the kitchen in his house robe.

Huffing, "yes it's me! I texted you asking for help" I bitterly answered.

"I'm sorry baby" He replied, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I looked up into his eyes and smiled. To think that 3 years ago when we first met I couldn't stand him, now I'm hopelessly in love. He hated that I didn't want anything to do with him so he forced himself into my life by changing all his classes just to fit mine. Since I couldn't escape him, I eventually fell for him. And, in 3 months I'll be Mrs. Teddy Winnier, the 4th.

"Are you excited for tonight?" I asked, sitting down on the couch.

Teddy stood by the edge of the couch, crossed his arms over his chest and smiled down at me, "it's nothing to be excited about, it's me losing some serious money"

My eyebrows scrunched up, "you better not be losing money. That's going towards our wedding" 

"Are you gonna make nachos for tonight?" He asked, changing the subject.

I threw my hands up in the air and shook my head before turning back to the black tv screen. Teddy walked away and slammed his office's door at one point but I was to busy pretending to be busy. 

Eventually, I made my way back into the kitchen and stared at the carton of broken eggs. I needed them for tomorrow morning when Angela and her kids come here for breakfast.

Finally after many years, Angela got pregnant and convinced Jacques to move back to Vancouver after the birth of their son. Soon later they had a daughter and Jacques was pretty much forced to stay here. 

"I'm going back to the store" I announced, grabbing my car keys.

*****

I grabbed a basket and walked towards the dairy aisle like I did earlier. The same familiar faces smiled and nodded their heads at me as I walked by. 

As I reached for the egg carton, something out of the corner of my eye caught my attention. I placed the item in my basket and turned my head to look at the person.

Standing there, staring at the different types of cheese was a familiar mop of brown hair. I started to walk towards the person, determined to find out who exactly it was. 

As soon as the person moved slightly I realized who it was.

"Ashton?" I asked, not believing my eyes. 

His lips flickered into a smile as he turned to face me. He looked the same as always; the dimples, the hair and the beautiful baby blue eyes. 

"Maggie Martin, is that actually you?"