Chapter 21-- Party For Two

I forgot to turn off my alarm clock this morning, so guess who got a great surprise at 6 am?

At least Penny didn't wake up from the noise.

Groaning, I pushed off the covers and got out of bed. I slipped on my slippers and headed downstairs.

Luckily, no one was up or at least if they were- they weren't downstairs. Amy was still passed out on the couch and so was Cora.

I grabbed a bowl from one of the cabinets and poured some cereal into it. Taking a seat at the island, I ate my cereal while scrolling through instagram on my phone.

I didn't hear footsteps come into the room until someone cleared their throat directly in front of me.

"You need to get rid of that thing" Charles snapped as he clutched onto his grocery bags.

"I wish mom got rid of you" I shot back.

It was a low blow I'll admit, he did have his reasons to be mad at me. I mean- if I was him and my sleep got affected by a crying baby, I'd be mad too.

"You're pathetic"

I rolled my eyes at him as he started to unpack the groceries he bought. There's no one else in this world that I rather strangle than him.

Minutes later, my phone chimed making my spirits suddenly lift. Ashton was texting me-- he had to be.

At lightning speed, I opened up my messages and searched for the newest text. I let out a groan as I saw Amy's name beside the new message alert.

She's in the next room over and felt the need to text instead of getting her lazy ass off the couch. I didn't bother reading her message either because I really don't care about what she had to say.

Unless it's an apology.

But I seriously doubt it.

"Oh good morning you two," My Mom said, drinking her morning coffee, "Charles, that reminds me, you still need to pay Cayden back for everything you've been purchasing on his credit card"

Charles obnoxiously rolled his eyes at my mom as he started to eat his garden salad. It's 6 am why in the world is he eating a salad?

"Charles, I'm serious" She warned.

"You want to know what the real fucking problem is?" Charles asked, "that hummer out there is non-Eco friendly and a disgrace to our nation"

This time I rolled my eyes and I'm pretty sure my mom did too.

My mom groaned as she glanced out the kitchen window, "who's hummer is that?"

"Ashton's" I responded.

"Is he here?"

"No, I had to drive him home last night so I just took his car home"

"What kind of name is Ashton?" Charles remarked.

"What kind of name is Charles?" I shot back, "no offense Mom"