Chapter 17-- Breaking up

Last week my dad had gotten permission from the surgeon to start teaching again, so that meant having both of my parents at my school. Every child's worst nightmare and mine was actually coming true.

So instead of just riding with my mom in the car, I get to ride with both!

I even had physics first block and that meant spending another hour and 20 minutes with my dad.

I was scared to face Cory, Ashton, and Lindsey this morning. The only things I remember from Saturday night was puking in Ashton's hummer and having a conversation with Cory about Ashton.

I was disappointed in myself for caving under the pressure and allowing myself to break the law by drinking. Especially over drinking too.

Sighing, I closed my locker and made a dash to the physics room. The bell rang just as I walked in and took my spot near the front.

"Morning guys!" My dad beamed, "you might not remember me from last year but I'm Mr. Martin and I'll be here until June... and next year when some of you fail senior year"

I groaned at his lame attempt to lighten the class. As much as I love my dad... I don't know how long I'm gonna last hearing his lame dad jokes at home and now at school.

Throughout the entire period, he made us take notes that the substitute teacher didn't teach us.

Cory's in this class so I've been waiting for the perfect time to talk to him. And with all my dad's notes that chance is never gonna come. Besides what am I even going to say to him?

Hey, can you tell me what exactly we were talking about again?

I didn't make a complete fool of myself, did I?

I didn't profess my dying loving for Ashton, did I?

I should just keep my mouth shut and pretend that nothing ever happened.

"Any questions?" My dad asked as the bell rang.

I could see the desperation on everyone's faces, including mine, as the clocked ticked by with each passing minute. No one has any questions so why can't my dad let us out?

"Class dismissed" He finally said.

I grabbed my binders and ran out of the class in a hurry. Standing by the washroom was Lindsey and her equally annoying group of friends, I ducked behind a group of students as I made a b-line towards the health room.

I sat down in my familiar spot and waited for Amy to get here. We texted a little bit yesterday but I never got the chance to ask her what the heck am I supposed to say to Ashton about Saturday night.

Her familiar red hair bounced into the room and I was just about to wave her over until I caught sight of who was standing directly behind her.

He's never early to class. Half of the time he doesn't even show up until the class is almost over. Why did Ashton have to be here so early out of all days?

Amy shot me a smile as she walked past my desk, on the outside I smiled back but on the inside, I was starting to freak out. Especially as Ashton started making his way to our desk.