Chapter 26-- Love Sick

"If everyone could pull out their textbooks and start working on the homework questions, that way you don't have to do it later tonight" My Dad announced to the class as he took a seat behind his desk.

As I opened my physics book and began working on the first question, Amy slid into the seat beside me. For one thing, she's not even in this class! Shooting her a puzzled look, I waited for her to say something as I continued with my homework.

"Ok guess what!" She squealed, very loudly-- earning some glares from nearby students.

"What?" I asked, eyes still focused on the question.

"Amy, what are you doing?" My Dad suddenly asked, looking up from his computer, "you're not even in this class-- get out!"

Scoffing, Amy stood up and without another word, left the classroom. Of course, she would skip class then sneak into a different class just to talk about something. Typical Amy move.

Being sneaky, I pulled out my phone and quickly shot her a message, asking if she wanted to hangout after school since I already made plans with Ashton for lunch. If my dad saw me on my phone during class time he would probably murder me.. or he'd tell my mom and she'd murder me. Apparently, cell phones were a large distraction to my learning and should only be used in the evenings.

Just as I was about to put my phone away, it started to buzz. Looking to make sure my dad wasn't watching me, I quickly opened the message and noticed it was from Ashton.

Can't make lunch, need to see my dad. So sorry.

To say I wasn't disappointed would be a lie but at the same time, I completely understood. If my dad was sick I'd want to be with him constantly because you never know when it'll be his last day. I sent him a quick message back, wishing him luck and not to worry before turning back to my homework.

A few minutes later, the lunch bell rang and as I waved goodbye to my dad, I caught sight of Amy's red hair amongst the crowded hallway. I chased after her until I realized she was standing at her locker, reapplying her lip gloss.

"Hey, wanna go get lunch?" I asked as I approached her.

Still holding the lip gloss brush to her lips, she turned to me and raised an eyebrow, "what happened to dream boy?"

Shrugging, "thought we could hangout instead" I lied.

I felt bad for lying but it's also not my place to tell her about Ashton's Dad. It's for him to decide whether he tells people or not and from my understandings, he hasn't told anyone else besides me.

"Sure. Wanna go check out the new Chinese place on Sinclair?"

"Sounds good"

We headed out to my family's SUV after I got the keys-- which I had to snag out of my mom's office. Ever since Cory came into the picture and including Ashton, Amy and I haven't really hung out just the two of us in a long time. I miss our pop tart eating fests and crying in the parking lot of KFC while listening to Coldplay.

"Omg 7-eleven is having a mini taco sale, let's go" Amy shrieked, nearly causing me to drive into the opposite lane.

"What about Chinese?" I asked

"That can wait!" She shouted, "I'm in the mood for a greasy taco"

Quickly, I pulled into the 7-eleven parking lot and before I could even put the car into park, she dashed out. I didn't even bother getting out of the car because by the time I turned off the car, she came walking out with Slurpees in one hand and a bag full of tacos in the other.