Jim Hawkins X Depressed Reader

Requested By: @blxe_needs_tea

Y/N sat in her office, removing the letter from the envelope she received from her old friend, Captain Amelia. She had a worried look on her face, reading the words carefully. "My goodness, another trip? We just came back from one that took five months!" Y/N huffed, placing her head on the desk. She tossed the paper to the side. It was midnight and she was having another restless night of depression. It was really hard for her to do her job as assistant captain. It was her dream but she also had a family that she loves dearly. She fears that everything will be torn apart due to her. Y/N felt like this for a while now and never told a single soul.

Y/N decided to talk into the kitchen for a drink of water. She looked around the corner and smiled a bit at Jim, who held their baby girl in his arms, rocking her. "Awwwe, what's wrong princess? You hungry?"Jim said to (D/N) (D/N=Daughter's Name). (D/N) nods her head as she squeezes Jim's cheeks. Jim laughed "Don't worry sweetheart, daddy will feed you." Jim fetched the bottle of warm milk and gave it to his little princess. She took the bottle and began to drink. Jim smiled and then looked up to see Y/N. Oh! Baby, I didn't see you there." Y/N had a sad look on her face, as if she wanted to cry. Jim walked up to her, placing a hand on their cheek "Hey, what's wrong?" "C-Can I hold my daughter.." She sobbed. Jim gave Y/N the baby. Y/N held her daughter close and kissed her chubby cheeks. (D/N) was extremely happy to see Y/N and started bouncing up and down with giggles. "Awww my sweet baby girl, I love you so much." Y/N sobbed more as (D/N) placed her hands on her mother's face, dropping the bottle. Jim picked up the bottle and let out a chuckle "Someone really misses mommy I see."

Moments later after rocking (D/N) to sleep. Y/N sat down on the couch letting her baby rest peacefully on her chest. Jim sat down beside her, watching (D/N) breathe gently. Y/N still looked sad, she wish that she had moments like these all the time but it was those stupid duties of her being an assistant captain. "Whatever is going through your mind, I just want you to know that I'm here to talk about it, you know?" Jim said, placing his arm around Y/N. She looked at her spouse "It's another trip." Jim looked surprised "Oh.. How long?"

Y/N bit her lip and looked away "A whole year! I can't go on like this anymore, Jim. I'm missing out on our daughter's life. Our family, and I just-" Y/N started crying, leaning on Jim. Jim squeezed her tight in his arms "I know that it's your dream of being assault captain and I don't want you to drop it but maybe you should take a break. Captain Amelia should understand, she has a family too." Y/N sucked up your tears "Yeah, you're right." Jim pulled away and kissed her forehead "I'll talk to Amelia for you in the morning. Don't you worry your pretty little head about anything!" Y/N smiled softly and pulled Jim back in for a tighter embrace "I love you so much, Jim. What would I do without you?" Jim chuckled "You mean what would I do without you!? You're amazing Y/N, the backbone of our family. Don't ever feel bad about letting me help you, we all need support every now and then. It's natural." Y/N felt a thousand times better. Knowing that it's alright to feel a little depressed, because it's part of life. She soon relaxed into her husband's arms with their baby girl in arms as she gently closed her eyes. Jim smiled as his wife and child fell asleep on him "Goodnight, Y/N and (D/N). Love you guys so much." He whispered.

~Fin~