Merman Jim Hawkins X Human Reader

"There's A Merman in the Pool!?"

      "Woah, you have a live merman in our freaking pool!" Your roommate shouted, "He's awfully cute too. We should keep him!" You blushed deeply "Hey! You're going to encourage him to stay. We can't take care of him, Mya."

      Mya frowned in disappointment "But Y/NNNNN? He seems to love it here and besides, I ship you two. Like the little mermaid tales. Except you're not a princess haha." "Very funny.." You replied, crossing your arms. Mya laughed "Sorry, Y/N. All jokes aside, how did this all happen anyway? I never knew I'd come home from work to see this!"

      You scratched your head "Well, his name is Jim Hawkins. I found him out cold on the sea shore as I was collecting purls. I saw that he was about to bleed to death from his injuries so I took him back and placed him in the pool to treat him properly since we lived nearby." "Oh wow, you actually saved his life!!" Mya added. You smiled "Yeah, I did. But the annoying part is, he doesn't want to go back home. He said that he's sick of the sea and wanted to stay with me....forever." Mya glanced at Jim and then back at you with a smirk "Yep! Sounds like a fairy tale to me. Go ahead and give him a chance." You facepalm "I can't date a merman. How will that work?" "It can, we can put him in those giant crystal balls so he can get around the house like a hamster!" Mya argued. You were going to tell Mya how bizarre her idea was until Jim tugged on your shirt.

      "Umm..Y/N, sorry to interrupt. But who's your friend?" The merman asked, swimming up to Mya. You introduced Jim to Mya as they both began to chat. "I like your idea, Mya. We are going to the best three roommates ever!" Jim smiled, splashing water everywhere with his tail. Mya happily agreed. You tried to say something "Hey, I did not agree to th-" water splashed all over you, making you fall backwards right into the pool. "Omg, Y/N, are you okay!?" Mya freaked out, kneeling down at the edge of the pool. Jim quickly dived down into the water to save you. "Don't worry Mya, she's okay." Jim said, bringing you back to the surface. Mya signed in relief as Jim held you close in his arms. You moved your hair away from your face as you looked directly into Jim's charming eyes. You paused in 'awe' as you began to warm up to the merman.

      "I'm sorry that you fell in the pool Y/N!" The merman apologies, "Really I am." "I'm sorry too." Mya added. "It was just an accident, don't feel bad about it." You replied. Jim helped you out the pool while Mya brought you a towel. You wrapped yourself with it, soaking up the moisture from your hair. Jim still felt awful, he wanted to impress you so he could stay with you forever but things seem to not work out as planned. "I believe I should return home guys.." Jim mumbled, lowering his head. Both you and Mya turn to him in shock. "What! You just got here..." Mya whimpered. "Why do you want to leave?" You asked, disappointed. Jim rubbed the back of his head "I'll just get in the way of things. I made you fall in the pool by me being clumsy." You paused for a second then laughed "Really, that's it? You know you can stay here either way!" Mya looked at you with a huge grin "Oh really, Y/N, he can stay!?" "I won't repeat myself." You answered with a smile.

___Later That Night___

      You laid your head on the rim of the big fancy bathtub that Jim was now relaxing in. Jim softly stroked your hair, planting a kiss on your forehead. You giggled "Hey, Jim? Don't tell Mya we decided to date until tomorrow, okay?" Jim laughs "Alright, I won't. She already had enough excitement for today." You nodded in agreement. You two cuddled for a moment until the bathroom door opened. You both jumped up, gazing at Mya who was just as stunned. "Oh my gosh! I knew that you guys would hook up!" She screamed. You took a towel and covered your head up as Mya began to ramble about relationships in those mermaid bedtime stories. Jim didn't mind at all, as long as you were his, that's all that matters.

🌊Fin🌊