Chapter 10: Brisk

Charlie was upset when Athena had to go back to England, of course, they were now dating. It's been a few weeks and so far, it had been good. He hasn't seen Karolina anywhere and she hasn't reported anything to the ministry that he knew of at least. He looked at Primrose who was happily talking to Logan. Were they together now? He then looked at Lily and Mayhealla, they had made up, and Mayhealla proposed to Lily a few days ago. He sighed, should he move back to England? Or at least work there for a while?

He then felt someone tap his shoulders, he turned around quickly. "What-" he started. He stared at a familiar face, "Rolf?" he asked confused.

"Charlie," Rolf said nodding his head, "Just visiting Romania, have a case with an injured dragon they told me to come here, but it seems you're doing just fine!" he said with a small laugh. Charlie laughed with him.

"Injuries are easy to heal, it's getting them to settle," Charlie said, "the females are more aggressive really," he added. "This one, he's young, he'll be fine. I don't understand why he keeps getting hurt though," Charlie wondered, as they walked into the space where the dragon was. The dragon's name was Brisk and he was rescued with Primrose, they had seemed super-

"Brisk!" Primrose cried out excitedly before running to the dragon and wrapping her arms around his snout. Brisk growled softly, it almost sounded like a deeper version of a purr. Charlie walked towards him slowly. Brisk wasn't like other dragons, he was more nice in Charlie's opinion.

Charlie lowered his wand slowly and looked at Brisk, who was looking at him. Charlie looked at Brisk's wound on his neck. That wasn't good. He touched Brisk's head and calmed him down as Primrose walked away. "You're alright," he whispered, he reached for his pocket and grabbed the ointment. He looked back to see Lily talking to Rolf, then looked at Brisk's wound, the blood was a bit dried out, but he could still smell some fresh blood. He placed his hand softly on the wound, and felt Brisk thrash around, Charlie suddenly felt a sharp pang of pain on the palm of his hand.

He shook it off and rubbed the ointment on Brisk, seeing blood drip down his arm, was it his? Or Brisk's? After he finished rubbing the ointment he looked at his right hand, blood was all over it, the bottle was stained with some blood too. "Shit," he muttered. He tried to rub the blood off his hand with his armor, but then felt even more pain. He looked at saw a huge deep cut on his palm. "Oh god," he looked at Lily who looked back confused. "I need to go to the hospital," he said loudly.

Lily ran at him, as he walked towards the door to leave, "What happened?" she asked curiously and worriedly. Charlie showed her the cut. "Oh dear, how did that happen?" she muttered. Charlie shrugged, it was probably Brisk's scales. "Charlie you should be more careful, you know cuts made by dragon scales are so hard to heal," He shook his head, he'd gotten many scratches all over his body by dragon scales, he was going to be fine.

"What happened?" Rolf asked curiously, Lily grabbed Charlie's wrist and accidentally touched his wound making him wince, and she placed her finger on the top of his wound. She showed Rolf and he gasped.

"Oh god, please stop," he muttered.

Lily noticed immediately and let go, "I'm so sorry Charlie!" she cried out. Charlie rolled his eyes in annoyance. His hand was bleeding so much, and whatever cloth they put on it, did nothing. He looked at his bleeding cut, it seemed way deeper than all the cuts he had before.

He looked up, he was now in a hospital bed, the last place he had wanted to be, he groaned angrily. "Oh fucking god," he muttered.

"Your family will be arriving shortly," the Healer said, Charlie groaned. He looked to the side and saw a young boy in the bed.

The young boy was colouring some random papers, Charlie smiled, he wanted a kid like that one day. Charlie stood up and looked at the boy. "Hey, what are you drawing?" Charlie asked curiously before peering at the boy's drawing.

The boy looked up confused, Charlie frowned. "I said, hey, what are you drawing?" Charlie repeated. The boy did some weird hand signals, which Charlie realized was sign language. The kid was deaf. Charlie didn't know what to do, but he looked at the woman who was watching the two and she signed some random signals at the kid.

The kid showed his drawing and it was a dragon, Charlie smiled. "He loves dragons," the woman said.

Charlie looked at her, "Really? I work with dragons," he said. The woman made some hand signs at the small boy and he looked at the woman shocked.

"What's your name?" the woman asked, she had brown hair and it was up to her shoulders, she kind of had a bob cut. The boy's hair however was messy.

"Charlie, Charlie Weasley," Charlie said with a grin.

"My name is Mary and my son's name is Hunter," she said with a smile, "What are you doing here?"

Charlie rolled his eyes and showed her his right hand. "It's just a cut," he said. "Apparently it's poison or something."

"Charlie!" Charlie turned to see his older brother Bill, he waved with his injured hand to him, Bill smiled and signaled someone to come, Fleur walked in, her stomach was huge. Charlie immediately realized what was going on.

Bill smiled as Charlie gaped in astonishment, it's been months since he's seen, Fleur. "Hello Fleur, how are you?" Charlie asked politely, Fleur still looked so pretty as always.

"Good zank you Char-lee," she said very quickly. "How iz your hand?" she asked worriedly. Charlie showed her the cut by removing the bandages they wrapped around it. Fleur shuddered.

Charlie laughed.