Chapter 1: Return to England

Charlie's eyes blinked open and he breathed heavily. Oh god, what just happened? He found himself staring at Mayhealla and Lily. He then felt his head ache in pain, oh god. 

"Wh-" Charlie started, "Woah, what happened?" he said, as he felt the pain quickly disappear for some reason. "Where's-" 

"With Primrose," Lily answered.

 Charlie sighed and rubbed his head. "How long was I out for?" he asked. He looked at the clock next to his bed and saw the time, 3:23 am. "Oh shoot," he sat up and looked at Lily who had soup on the table ready for him. "Oh, thanks," He sat at the dining table and drank his soup quickly. 

"Since yesterday," Mayhealla replied, "The Healers came to check you out, um apparently, you have to go back to England..." she muttered sadly. 

Charlie gasped and stood up angrily, "England?! Are you serious?" he yelled. "I can't go back there!" He grabbed his head and quickly let go before looking at Mayhealla. "Please tell me you're joking," he said. 

Mayhealla shook her head, "I'm not," she said. "Look, Charlie, don't worry, we'll take care of Primrose," she said with a small smile. "And plus, I'm sure your family misses you," 

"Sure," Charlie muttered under his breath before rolling his eyes. He then grabbed onto Mayhealla's arms. "Do I have to?" he whined. 

"Sorry Charlie," Mayhealla said, taking his hands off her arms awkwardly, "Look you have a portkey ready for you and everything will be fine!" she smiled. "You'll be back in like 3 months!" Charlie groaned and shared a glance with Lily who just laughed. 

-- 

Charlie walked and appeared in what seemed like Diagon Alley, " Interesting," he mumbled. He pulled out his wand and held it in his left hand. He then saw a small old shop that looked quite familiar to his eyes. He walked into the shop and looked around, it was dark and it seemed very cold. He shivered. There were an empty counter and a string. 

He pulled the weird-looking string, and then a bell rang. A girl popped up from the counter and her eyes widened as she stared at Charlie. Charlie recognized her immediately, "Oh," he muttered under his breath. It was Athena Mayne, she was a Ravenclaw at Hogwarts and was three or four years younger than him. She had beautiful bronze-brown hair, and her eyes were a brown-hazel colour. She was quite gorgeous, Charlie had to admit, he also had to admit he had admired her. They had become friends when he was in his seventh year, and she was the girlfriend of a very successful magizoologist, Rolf Scamander. 

"Hey, Charlie!" Athena said with a smile, "What a surprise, are you here to buy an engagement ring for a certain girl?" she asked wagging her eyebrows. Charlie laughed before shaking his head. 

"Nope, I'm on probation," he said, Athena looked at him a little worriedly and confused, Charlie smiled. "Kidding, apparently I'm supposed to stay here because of a head injury," he muttered. "Quite annoying if you ask me," he added before rolling his eyes. 

He then looked around the shop and realized it was a jewelry shop, "Ohhh," he whispered under his breath. "Do you own a jewelry shop now?" he asked curiously. Athena nodded and grabbed a special looking ring. 

"See this?" she whispered, "Goblin-made, passed down from centuries ago, I bought it from some old beggar," she said, shrugging. 

Charlie nodded and sat down on the counter, "Anyways, have you talked to your boyfriend recently?" he asked curiously. Athena looked away from Charlie for a moment before looking back with a smile, Charlie immediately knew something was up. Charlie stared at Athena and sighed, he always liked her, she was pretty, kind, and caring, Rolf was one lucky guy.