34. King Fizayer

I was engrossed in my work the next day when a confused Calmone plopped down on the chair in front of me

I raised my brow.

After a moment of silence, he said, "So, I take it you and the Master have agreed to tolerate each other for the Queen's sake."

I pursed my lips. Imeeshi informed me yesterday, more like extracted a promise from me at the verge of an orgasm. That I was to allow Master to be her assistant.

I simply stared at his ridiculous smirk. "Don't you have any thing better to do, Calmone?"

"No. This is funny. Your face right now is funny. I don't want to miss this drama."

I rolled my eyes, "You're turning into a bored woman. Why don't you go shop instead?"

He laughed but then sobered up.

"What's your plan?"

I grinned evilly. He narrowed his eyes. Of course, he knew I would do something about the Master. He was getting cocky now.

I stood up, "Oh, I will take his job just as I took his treasuries."

"Why did you take his treasuries?"

"Have you looked at him? He's a walking mess. He didn't expect it to happen."

I continued, "While he was way over in his head for the curator job I was planning to pull the rug from under him."

"His precious treasuries were silent but an effective blow. Don't you think?"

"Well, he's here. I would say he knows how to convert his losses into opportunity," Calmone replied.

"And a damn fine opportunity just at the right moment," I finished.

He sat forward, "You set this up?"

I shook my head, "I knew it would happen."

He released a breath, "So, what's next?"

"I'll have him sign a contract today which will transfer him to the Onokal state."

Calmone stood up, "Onokal? That's harsh."

I nodded, "I know. He needs some alone time to ponder upon his behavior. Onokal will help since it shapes a clever mind."

"That's putting it mildly. Onokal will make him submit."

"So be it. He's a valuable asset. I just want him docile enough to follow me. Right now he's challenging me at every turn. He needs to be put in his place."

"That's true. What are you going to tell Imeeshi?"

"Nothing."

"What?"

"I will tell nothing. You will tell her that Onokal summoned him and he had no choice."

"As if she would believe that. Onokal is God. Nobody has seen Him. There are just scary stories about him."