12. Imeeshi

The king was charming but also had a wicked side. I was determined to not give in. It showed that he had definitely handled much harder cases than me in his life.

Here I was, under his spell and lips, lost in pleasure and totally forgetting why I shouldn't be doing this. His thick arms tightened around me and we parted to gaze into each other's eyes.

"Come with me to Delferth," he requested softly. I frowned and slowly came back to my senses.

Pulling myself out of his hold, I took a few steps back. Although his intense eyes were still holding mine hostage.

With great effort, I lowered my eyes to his thin lips and involuntarily licked my lower lip.

I shook my head and answered, "No, it's too early. I don't even know you."

He took a step forward and said, "Nothing is too early between us. This calling that we both feel inside us is an answer itself. Do not ignore it."

I frowned.

He took another step forward, "Do not disregard the visions like this. I know that you're scared of what life would be like as a Queen and let me tell you, it's not going to be easy at all but I'm with you."

I questioned myself, for how long was I going to run away from this, from him? The visions had shown me my true purpose and had saddled me with a duty that was too massive for my delicate soul.

But it was how it was. 

I had to brave myself up, "Okay. But know this, I'm going to make a lot of mistakes before I right myself. Till then you have to be patient with me. I'm not exactly born into your world."

He took a deep breath and his eyes softened, "No, but you're born for me. And have always been. Longer than you know."

I frowned at that.

He closed the distance again and said more firmly this time, "You belong in my world, Imeeshi. Without you, I wouldn't be here as well."

He traced his fingers sensually along my cheek and I tilted my head unknowingly. Though his words weren't making much sense, his touch was simple to understand and so I held onto that for what was about to come next and prayed that I didn't screw this up royally.

He held my hand and tugged me along toward the doorway. Every step we took to the door was equal parts exciting and dreadful.

My heart pounded and I stared at his strong back. I tugged my hand free. He turned back. "My bag, I need that," I said softly.

I walked toward the lone peach sofa and felt around for the coin pouch inside the bag before zipping it. I picked it up and turned around only for the king to tug it out of my hand.

He once again clasped my hand and this time, he held my eyes and gave me a reassuring nod.

***

We were silent the whole ride but kept exchanging comforting glances and soft touches. It was frustrating. I almost wanted him to stop driving and kiss me already but his intent to take me to his home was evident.

Around noon, we reached Delferth. The royal guards lined up at the entrance of his tower. A familiar figure was standing at the rose-colored stone door.

Taking my hand again, the king and I stepped down. Calmone, I remembered his name, inclined his head first for my companion and then for me. I stiffened up at that. There it was, the first trailer of my awaiting life. I didn't know how to respond to that so I just lowered my eyes first and then turned them in askance toward the king.