19. King Fizayer

The saga continues, my king 
And it's a very thick ring

A female voice interrupted my sleep. I slowly opened my eyes.

The saga continues, my king
And it's a very thick ring

It repeated. I frowned and gasped after a moment. Oldest Order, the voice belonged to her. I searched for her in the room but I knew she was speaking to me telepathically.

Constel was awake too. Though he remained silent. I could imagine how he must be feeling, the Order in his domain.

Only Constel had spoken to me telepathically. It was the first time anyone else had managed to slide into the protective walls of my mind.

I was sure, Constel must have already started working on re-establishing the boundaries and laying them thick this time.

So, I let him be, didn't ask what was going on and what it all meant. New prophecy?

Prophecy!

Shit! I completely forgot about the earlier prophecy. What was it? Why did I forget it? Why didn't Calmone or Constel mention it again?

I already felt restless because my aqeruh was unhappy with me. She went back to her home and left me with an order to come only when Gofaan returned to his planet.

Clenching my fists, I steadied myself with long breaths. If I didn't consciously keep my mind in the present, my feet would automatically take me to Sitaria and bring her back with me right now. Instead, I forced myself to sleep.

Sun was still below the horizon. But its white rays were lightening up the sky. I stared at it some more and missed Imeeshi. Missed touching her. Missed making love to her. But above all else, I missed her presence.

Last night was the most difficult night of my life.

I sighed and turned toward the bathroom to freshen up and start the day. Gofaan had been meddling recently. He wanted me to show him more things like Orbose and to let him have it for some time. He was ready to sign any contract. But I directed him to the more pressing issue. The issue he was here for.

It was only a matter of one or two more days and then he would go back. I hoped so. I didn't want to entertain him for an entire week. That would mean no Mishi for a week.

Already, I couldn't resist going back to her.

The shower was blissfully cold. I tilted my head back and closed my eyes. I couldn't have been prepared for it even if I tried.

The vision put me in a very unfamiliar place.

A young Imeeshi awaits by the window with a smile on her face. The sound of boots turned our attention to the newcomer. I was prepared to see a younger me. What I saw instead was a hulking man who smiled sweetly at my aqeruh. My aqeruh! who was entranced by this man! She hugged him and whispered words of love. The kiss followed after. And I was stuck on the spot, forced to watch this betrayal for long torturous minutes.

The first thing that made me come back to the present was the cold water that was steadily raining down on me.

Unbelievable!

No!!

I shook my head for a good measure.

My heart turned heavy. I got out of the shower and patted myself dry. Brain thick with fog, I dressed on autopilot. Barely thinking of the surroundings, I ran into none other than Gofaan who shouldn't be near my quarters.

I stepped back and watched the silver-haired man with suspicion.

"Fizayer, I didn't want to interrupt anyone. So, I thought I would come by myself and give you the news," Gofaan said.

"What news?"

"I'm cutting my trip short. An urgent business has come up and I need to return as quickly as possible," a serious tone entered his voice.

I inclined my head and escorted him to the front gate where his entourage was already present. The royal aircars were softly floating in the air. At my command, five aircars sank down simultaneously.

Gofaan turned to give me a hug but I pulled my hand forward to shake instead. After a promise of the next visit, Gofaan settled in the aircar followed by his entourage and my dozen guards.

I stayed put and saw them in the sky until they turned to a speck.

I hastily walked to the floating station. Picking up the fastest aircar, I climbed inside and rocketed out from there. Within a few minutes, I would reach Sitaria and to my aqeruh who had some explaining to do.

Midway to Imeeshi's home, my bracelet lit up signaling an incoming call.

"Where are you now?" A frantic Calmone asked.

I frowned, "What happened?"

"The warriors stationed in Fukina have uncovered a tunnel Fizayer," Calmone replied.

I pulled the brake on my aircar and sat down on the chair.

"A tunnel?" I asked, frowning.

"Yes, they were digging to put the water lines up for the new town. They dug a little further than usual and found the metal lining. Upon further digging, they unveiled a whole tunneling system that ran along the river to the mouth of Delferth, Fizayer."

The news was another shock to my system. A needed wake-up call for the King who had become careless and spontaneous lately. Where did the strict, measured King go?

"What have you deduced from it?" I asked Calmone, who must have already lined up a few possibilities in his head.

"I think it's an inside job. Gofaan has to do something with it. Killing our warriors, sticking Behishah's flag, and now this. It's happening in the same location. It's got to be an inside job. I'm sure of it."

I nodded and looked outside at the valleys that surrounded me. Down somewhere, Imeeshi was sound asleep with only a handful of guards to protect her.

It was time to bring her back to the royal house and make it official. Otherwise, the possibility of her running away from me remained strong.

As much as I wanted to play this hunt and chase, I was first and foremost a king. I had to be constantly aware of the threats and be prepared for anything.

"Take along an intelligence team. Close all the openings of the tunnel and change every warrior posted in that area and nearby. We would dissect it slowly until we get to the root cause, Calmone. I'll be there shortly. Till then, you do what I said," I ordered and cut the call.

Blasting the engine to the max, I stared coldly ahead and accelerated.

No more time to spare. I wished more for her but I forgot a king's life was lived only in these spare moments.

And now so would hers.

_____________________________________________