17. King Fizayer

I woke up uneasy at an early hour. The sky was still dark and cloudy. The curtains on the window were blowing angrily. A low gurgling noise started and countless flashes of lightning illuminated the inky sky.

I walked toward the balcony and stood only in my bottoms. The wind was cold and relentless. It exhausted me in a few moments. So, I went back inside. What must Imeeshi be doing? Was she asleep deeply or agitated just like me? I hoped for the former.

It was already too difficult to be away from her and it wasn't even over yet. Gofaan was here for two more days. I sighed.

My heart squeezed painfully at the thought of my aqeruh. Was she afraid right now? Did bad weather scare her? Was she okay in that big house? Was she missing me? Was she planning to run again? I chuckled at that.

No, she wasn't. Not after what we shared. Not after the visions and our history. But it felt like I was consoling myself. It had only been a day. A day wasn't enough to cement anything. A day wasn't enough for the trust to build. And a day surely wasn't long enough for her to start missing me.

I swallowed back my fear. I had to trust that she was going to stay put or else I was going to lose my mind. I checked the time, it read four. Plenty of time to put this anxiety back to sleep. Laying back again, I breathed deeply, still, my heart felt heavy. I recalled our first-night vision.

The more I thought about it, the more my heart grew heavy. I growled and leapt up from the bed. The time read four ten.

My right lobe warmed, signaling that Constel was waking up.

Do you want me to put you to sleep now, Fizayer? He asked sarcastically.

"Can't sleep too?" I asked instead.

Oh, I was perfectly asleep. I wish I could mute your heartbeat though. It's maddening!

Raising my brow at that threat, I asked him what was bothering me, "Is anything bad going to happen today, Constel?"

Hmmm. What does bad entail?

Sometimes, Constel could be a giant stick in the ass.

"Is Imeeshi alright?" I asked dreadfully.

How would I know?

"Constel, don't test my patience. Just tell me, is she fine?"

Again Fizayer, how would I know the whereabouts of your queen?

I frowned. Something wasn't right. I didn't ask where was Imeeshi.

I gasped.

Oh, something was definitely not right. My heart picked up its speed. I dressed and dashed out of the house in just a few moments.

The wind was howling. Fat droplets soaked me slowly but steadily. Three night guards were startled by my presence on the base. I quickly boarded the aircar and flew it alone leaving them all bewildered.

You got a runner Fizayer. She won't stop running away from you.

Constel just approved the chaotic doubts in my mind. I closed my eyes at the statement. I thought she wasn't going to run away. My bracelet lit up. I took the call from Calmone.

"Fizayer, I take it that you know Imeeshi has run away?" He asked.

I frowned and asked, "How do you know?"

"The safe house guards informed me just now. They said they couldn't reach you. She ran a while ago. They are finding her. But why didn't you take the guards with you? A king should not be spontaneous, Fizayer," Calmone reprimanded.

But all I heard was Imeeshi ran away. In this weather. In the middle of the night. Gave a slip to my excellent guards. Again! But why?

"Not now Calmone. I'll let you know if I find her. Meanwhile, you keep this confidential. Not even a whisper of this should reach Gofaan or anyone else for that matter. Not even mother and father, Calmone. You got it?" I ordered.

"Yes! Be safe." With that, he closed the line.

The house was in my sight and I parked in front of the gate where only one guard was present. I walked up to the pale, useless creature and grabbed him by the collar, "How could this happen when I strictly ordered you to keep watch on her?" I asked gruffly.

He swallowed and answered, "We didn't know she was going to tip us with the false information to make an escape."

I frowned, stood back and asked, "Explain!"

"She called us frantically. Started saying there was an invader in the house. I rushed in with my weapon raised and scoured the entire house while the other guard did the same outside. We didn't find anything, still we were on alert, strategizing, and calling for a backup. That's when she slipped out from the window in the back. It took us a good ten minutes to know that she ran away after the first patrol," the guard kneeled.

I pursed my lips. Imeeshi needed a firm hand and clever guards from now on. Once I found her, I would imprint that on her ass.

I gestured the guard to stand up and ordered him to wait here.

I boarded the aircar again. But the guard came rushing and stopped me. "A man visited her today," he informed.

I frowned, "Who?"

"He introduced himself as Master Clue," he replied.

My eyes grew cold and I said calmly, "Of course!"

With a clear destination in mind, I set out for the Master's home.

My bracelet again flared up. I took the call.

"We found her," Calmone shared the good news.

I breathed a little easy, but at the same time, the sky opened. The rain started coming down heavily.

"Where?" I asked.

"At the ancient treasury. That Master is also there," he replied in a sharp tone.

Raising my brow at the surprising vehemence coming from Calmone, I steered my aircar in the new direction.

"Fizayer, you've to do something. I don't like him," Calmone added.

"I will," I simply answered.

I was going to make him pay.

When Calmone was about to close the line, I stopped him, "It's only been a day, Calmone. She will warm up to you. You're his vault. And I know you feel like she should've come to you but I promise you that next time when she's about to do something like this, she'll take you with her."

Calmone hummed.

But I wouldn't let her run anymore.

_____________________________________________