Chapter 13 - Regret.

We never really know when
   our last goodbye for a loved one is.

-

"Phil's taking so long! It's been an hour, and the shop's just a 15 minute walk as Dan told me, he should've been back by now.

And being the person I am, I'm worried if something happened to Phil.

"Dan.." He lookd at me slightly, not bothering to give full attention for me, busy pacing around the room, clearly worried about his best friend.

"Yeah?"

"What if something happened to Phil?" I whimper, pulling my knees up to my chest.

"D-don't say that." He sat down beside me, comforting me as best as he can, although he himself wasn't okay.

"He's Phil. I'm sure he'll burst out the door with those ingredients and a happy grin in no time." Dan assured me, but i'm sure he's trying to convince himself too.

"Promise?" I said quietly, holding up my pinky finger, "Promise." He locked in the pinky promise.

We released our hands and sat in silence.

"Dan,"

"Yeah?"

"Nothing's gonna happen to Phil right?"

"R-right."

I sigh. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, "He's gonna be okay." Dan whispered, sending shivers down my spine.

He released me from the hug.

We shouldn't be worrying about Phil right? Right? Phil's gonna be okay. Right?

My small train of thought was interrupted by a phone ringing.

Dan's POV

My phone rang, it was Phil's contact name.

I stood up, grabbing my phone, "Who is it?" Ingrid's hazel eyes looked up to me, "It's Phil's." I smiled, making her eyes light up and her mouth to curl up into a smile.

I went outside so it wouldn't be awkward and I picked up, "Hello, is this a friend of Mr. Lester?" An unfamiliar female voice asked, "Yes," I said cautiously, "Who is this?"

"This is the hospital, Mr. Lester was involved in a shooting spree today at 7:19 PM, he has been shot on the shoulder and lost alot of blood, removal of the bullet has been done as soon as possible, sadly Mr. Lester is in a coma."

I cover my mouth with my hand, trying my best not to cry.

"No no no, this can't be true. This must be a prank call."

"I'm afraid not sir." The voice said in pity.

"Where is the hospital?" I ask in a hurry, "Barnet General Hospital."

"Alright, thank you." I hung up, putting my phone in my pocket. I went in the living room where Ingrid was tk tell her the news.

I opened the door to see Ingrid with her mouth covered with her hands, tears streaming down her bare face, eyes staring at the TV thay was showing the shooting.

She put down her hand, "Phil's okay right?" she looked up to me with hopeful eyes.

I look down in sorrow.

She got the message and began to full on cry. Sob even.

"Y-you promised." She choked out between sobs.

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

Amity's POV

I may only have been friends with Phil for a day but I've watched him for years.

This feels like a family member got in an accident. But it hurts more.

Phil -and Dan- have made me happy through their videos when my "parent's" decided to divorce and fight all the time.

They were there.

And now one of them isn't here now.

"I've got a call from the hospital, we should visit him tommorow yeah?" Dan suggested.

"Why can't we go now?" I whine. "You're probably already tired, and we'll visit Phil bright and early okay?"

I sigh, "Okay."

"Go to sleep, go in my room again, you need it." Dan offered.

"But you already slept on the couch." I counter. "It's okay. Really. Plus, I think I need to watch a little TV to calm myself down.

Unable to hide the fact that I'm extremely tired, not just from the crying but from the skits me and Dan made.

"Okay..." I mumble, rubbing ny tired eyes. "Goodnight Dan." I said, grabbing my laptop, "Goodnight Ingrid." He replied.

I walk to Dan's room, glancing at Phil's room while passing it.

"Phil's gonna be okay." I said to myself.

--

Wowo I just read my previous chapter and realised how bad I am of an author, bUT HEY! 900 VIEWS IMMA JUMP OF MY BUNK BED.

But tbh I have jumped off my bunk bed. Randomdoodler I'm looking at you.

ANYWAYS I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER NONETHELESS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY LOVELIES!

OmfWhuut