Chapter 32 - The past.

We cooked all the noodles and put them on the dining table. "Dinner's ready!" I exclaim and Pj, Chris, and Phil walked slowly to the table and sat down on individual chairs.

We kind of ate in silence with the exception of the TV on and blasting the credits of some movie they were watching. The silence was really awkward. It just consisted of them glancing at eachother or me.

Phil finally broke the silence, "So you know?" I nod, "Yeah, you didn't think you could keep that secret for long did you?"

"No, not really," He paused, "If you're okay, will you tell us the reason you ran away?" I sighed and nod slowly. "Yeah." I cleared my throat, "It's nothing special, just stupid to be honest.. I trusted my "mum" so much that when she said to run I ran. I honestly don't know how the police haven't found me."

There was a moment of silence until Dan spoke up. "Didn't you have a job at Pret a Manger?" He asked me. "I do but the whole restaurant is being renovated and the employee's got the month off." I shrug.

We all finished our food and put it in the dishwasher to leave it to wash. We plonked down on the living room carpet watching a cook off on the TV.

"This is boriiiiing." Pj groaned. "Oh I know!" I shout accidentally, making everyone jump a little. "What is it?" Pj asked. "I used to play this with my friend, Bea. It's a game where you have to say the first word that comes to mind when the other person says a random word. And then you make a story or tell an experience relating to the word you said."

"Sounds cool, you guys wanna play too?" Pj asked the other guys. "Yeah, I'll play." Phil agreed. "Me too." Dan joined in. "Me too... too." Chris joined in too.

"I wanna go first." Pj said. "Okay, I'm gonna say a word," I paused as I pondered on what word I should say, "Aha! Tea." "Slurp." He said instantly. "I have a series where I answer questions and slurp tea so yeah." He shrugged.

"Fair enough."

"Okay, Amity, your turn." Phil pointed out. "Who asks the question?" Pj asked. "The person to my right, and that would be.. Chris!" I answered. "Okay," Chrus rubbed his hands together, "Comfortable."

"Family." I reply slowly. "I have a pretty messed up one to be honest.. I can't remember what they look like.. I only remember that my mom had blonde hair.." I sighed.

"Sorry..." Chris apologized. "It's fine, really. I'm okay." I shot him a slight smile. "Okay Dan! You're turn." I smirk.

-

The game went on and it was hilarious. Why? Because we told eachother some very embarrassing experiences. Like when I hugged a person from the back since I thought it was my friend Bea but it turned out to be a kid and her mum just looked at me like she was gonna kill me. Or when the time I subconsciously sang the backpack theme song just because my penny board was purple and everyone near me heard.

We were having fun really. Laughing, jokes, and horrifyingly embarrassing incidents that happened in our lives were being shared.

My phone suddenly  buzzed signaling that someone was calling me, "Be right back." I told the guys and they all nod. I walk out side the living room, just outside the door frame.

I look at the number and it was Cal, my manager. I picked it up and held the phone up to my ear. "Hello?" I greet. "Hey Am, I need to talk to you about something."

"Is it about the month long break? Because I know it ends two days from now." I ramble. "No it's not." He grumbled. "It's about the news cast, the police got to our security camera and saw you were a staff, luckily there were no punishments for accidentally giving a job to a person that had gone missing. I mean, how did they even manage to not find you?" He rambled.

I wanted to say something but he cut me off instantly, "Anyways, since I was told to inform them about your whereabouts or atleast tell you to meet them so I told them where you were living."

Oh no oh no, Cal you idiot! I yell in my head.

"But now, care to explain why you went missing?" Cal asked me. I sigh, "Because my damn mother that I thought was my god damn mother is in jail for paractically kidnapping me! And whem she told me to bloody run, I bloody ran! I'm just so damn stupid okay?!" I exclaim, clearly frustrated.

"Okay, okay." He tried to calm me down. I sighed, "Sorry.. I'm just so frustrated. I'll go to the police, bye Cal." I ended the phone call.

I slid down the wall and hugged my knees. Phil peeked his head, probably to check if I was okay since I just shouted out the story of why I went missing.

He sat down beside me and we sat there in silence. It was all I needed, really. I rest my head on his shoulder and he didn't seem to be bothered which was great.

Then suddenly, the door bell rang.

--

I SWEAR I'M USUALLY GOOD WITH UPDATING REGULARLY.

BUT OOOOOOOOOOOO WHO'S AT THE DOOR?

FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER!

wait.

I should stop ripping off star world..

Oh well, hope you had/have a nice day! And as always, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and it made your day the slightest bit happier!

ILY GUYS SO MUCH FOR 2.7K READS THOUGH! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING. EITHER IF YOU ONLY READ OR IF YOU SOMETIMES VOTE, YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING.

Stay safe :)

OmfWhuut