[DREAM] Lovely

thought i found a way

It's been 4 months since you walked out of Clay's life. 4 months of sleepless nights, unread messages, and fans asking what the hell happened.

You thought if you pretended nothing was wrong, one day it would be true. But that hasn't happened yet. Bags under your eyes just keep getting bigger. Sleepless nights turned into sleepless days and then weeks.

but you never go away

You thought that by leaving, he would leave your thoughts. Somehow it seemed to have the opposite effect. You only thought about him more, you kept thinking you saw him out of the corner of your eye, only to whip your head around to see some random blonde haired guy.

so i guess i gotta stay now

You slowly unblocked the boys on Twitter. You relished reading their tweets, it felt like they were in front of you, speaking directly to you, painful eye contact. You laughed along with Nick's weird 3 a.m. tweets, smiled sadly when Clay had to once again defend his community, giggling at George's suspicious tweets on his second account. You liked a few, thinking they would be buried along with the rest of thousands of likes.

i hope some day i'll make it out of here

You would lay in bed for hours, silent tears streaming down your face as you watched every stream of theirs. You couldn't help yourself, you desperately needed to feel like you were with them again. You missed your best friends, you fucking missed them so much.

even if it takes all night or a hundred years

You slowly started to repair yourself, picking up the pieces and gluing them together with gold. You unblocked them on Instagram. It felt good, you were moving on. Things would never be the same, but at least you could interact with them without feeling like your heart is going to burst. A month goes past and you start tweeting back and forth with them again. Your fans are elated to see the Dream Team plus one interact again.

You ignore their messages.

need a place to hide, but i can't find one near

You ignore the cafe that you and Clay used to frequent. You ignore all the places you two used to hang out really. You're not ready to run into him. Even though you've become accustomed to him replying to a tweet of yours every now and then, you don't think you're ready to see him. See his eyes. All you can remember is how he looked at her.

wanna feel alive, outside i can't fight my fear

One night you decided to celebrate. You hit up a good friend of yours, someone you could trust, a rarity now that you cut off all of your old friends.

You two went out to a bar, drinking a few too many martinis and you got plaster. Proper smashed. Your words were slurring, your vision dancing as your friend dragged you out of the crowded bar.

isn't it lovely, all alone?

You cried in her arms that night, admissions breathing out of you about a boy you loved with your entire heart who threw it back in your face.

heart made of glass, my mind of stone

You screamed, the last 6 months worth of pain coming out as your voice went raw. You hit the throw pillows on her couch, cursing his name. Promising to never again let a man hurt you like this.

tear me to pieces, skin to bone

You refused to talk about that night with your friend again. Blaming it on the alcohol that breathed fire into your veins, whispers of the past blurring on the outskirts of your vision. You ignored it just like a lot of things in your life.

It was month 8 when it happened. Month 8 of ignorance, blissful ignorance. He showed up at your apartment at 3 in the morning, smelling just like he did that night, beer hot on his lips.

He pushed his way into your apartment. Crying admissions of what he missed, of what could be, of fear that preventing him from making a move. He was just so damn scared.

And looking at that broken man on your couch, you couldn't help but cry with him. You wrapped your arms around him, ignoring the stink of beer, as he clutched to your shirt, like if he loosened his grip even a little you would slip between his fingers again.

Month 9 you began to make videos with them again. It was tense, a few of your jokes not quite hitting because of the truth that bubbled under the surface.

Month 10 you began hanging out with Clay again. Frequenting the cafe with their delicious coffee.

Month 11 he kissed you. There was no liquid courage this time. No harsh taste of beer on his tongue. No blurring vodka in your system.

This time there was no fire burning in your system. It felt like cooling water flowing through your veins, soft whispers filling in the cracks that were left in your heart gently finishing the repair job that started so long ago.

You felt right in his arms, safe and warm.

hello, welcome home

----------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed & Burn part 2! Y'all were absolutely screaming in the comments for a part two and I do listen to you guys from time to time so here you go :-)