•Chapter 15

-----December 24th-----

Today was Christmas eve and my scheme to avoid practically everybody, minus Draco if i'm feeling kind, had been cancelled after my parents had reminded me about the Tropez's yearly Christmas Ball. Or whatever it had been called.

I've never cared much for these types of get togethers. All of them filled with the pureblooded, rich, snarky families. All making meaningless conversation with one another. Most of these conversations consisted of boasting about their wealth and their power. That's what all of these families cherished, how the other families viewed them. How they  viewed their power. How they viewed their family. And, more specifically, how they viewed their kids.

When you get into this particular part of the conversation, the one in which you talk about your children, it's becomes a constant game of one upping. Things like "My child has gotten perfect scores on all their tests this year." leads to "Well my child not only gets perfect scores but is also adored by all teachers." and-well once you get there, you can never get out. And those are the main reasons in which I avoid conversations with people over the age of 20 at these gatherings.

In preparation for this specific gathering, my mother had spent a great deal of time looking for a dress for me to wear. Because, after all, you can't go out looking "horrendous" as my mother would say. So to no surprise when I pulled the dress out of the box, the shiny emerald green material overwhelmed my eyes. Sure, it was elegant, but it wasn't me. This dress didn't reflect me nor did it reflect my personality, it reflected the person my family wanted me to be.

I held the dress up and realised that in order to avoid anymore unwanted drama, I should just slide the dress on and suck it up for one night. So thats what I did, I put the dress on and the shoes that went along with it.

Just as I was about to walk out the door, it was shoved open.

"For the last time Draco, stop busting open my door, you're going to break it."

"Understood. Now let's get going." He noticed my trouble walking, due to the heels, and held his arm out for me to grab. "Come on now, I'll make sure you don't fall."

-

The sound of meaningless chatter filled the room. We had finally arrived at the Tropez family house. Their house was rather large so it could hold loads of people, as seen by the loads of people who were here now.

"Go on Y/n, Serena is over there." My mother ordered, clinging onto her husbands arm. "You too Draco."

I once again grabbed onto Draco's arm before walking over to the last person I wanted to see.

Serena noticed us walking over to her, and sent a quick wave over to my parents along with a smile. 

The amount of unpleasant tension that I felt coming from her was astronomical. It's not like I can just make small talk with her, it was clear that we both weren't even on speaking terms.

"I'm going to go find Eric, I'll find you later." I whispered into Draco's ear.

I stormed away from the situation I was nearly stuck in and made my way over to the entrance to the cellar where I noticed Eric standing.

Eric swung the door open and grabbed my hand. "Let's go down here, that way we won't have to worry about all these people."

I cautiously walked down the steps until getting back to flat ground.

"You do not know how much I missed you." He looked my face up and down, taking one hand out of my grasp and holding the side of my face with it.

"I think I can imagine." I pulled his face in and kissed him.

"I've missed you so much." he said, pulling our lips apart and leaning his forehead against mine.

(A/n- i can't write romantic scenes so um this is all i've got for u)

The sound of the door slamming open came from the staircase.

We both knew weren't supposed to be here so we jumped behind a pillar.

"I swear I saw them come in here." A female voice exclaimed.

I peaked around the corner and saw the familiar blonde hair that belonged to Serena.

"Even if they did, why does it matter?" Draco asked her.

"Well, she..." Serena stoped, "I don't even know at this point, it just feels like Eric is slowly taking my best friend away from me."

"Serena, no one is taking her away from you, you were the one who took yourself out of Y/n's life."

"Draco, Eric is my brother, it's weird knowing that my best friend is probably fucking him"

Draco immediately laughed, "I can guarantee you they are not doing that."

"But still-"

Draco interrupted her, "No. You need to apologize to Y/n and Eric. I don't care if it feels weird to you, you need to do it. This isn't only affecting you guys but now our whole group, just please make up with her. It's the least I ask."

Serena took in a deep breath,"Okay...but we have to find her first"

"Yes, let's go do that" Draco said with a smile on his face while they walked out.

Eric looked at me with pure excitement in his face "Finally!"

"I'm just as happy as you are but we have no time to celebrate, we gotta go find her." I yelled at him, pulling him out from behind the pillar and out of the cellar.

A/n-

So I actually like this chapter a lot better than my last one. Also im going to start putting the dates at the beginning of each chapter to avoid any confusion.

Thank you so much for reading!

-Star:)