Chapter 28

Saturday

-----November 13th-----

Cedric's POV

After the Quidditch accident I took Y/n up to the hospital wing. Madame Pomfrey said she had a broken foot. It wasn't going to take much effort to fix it, just time.

I chose to stay with Y/n while Luke and Blair went to tell everyone who wasn't playing what had happened so they didn't crowd the hospital wing.

"I feel like my foot is gonna fall off." she said

I grabbed her hand and began running my finger over her thumb.

"Well I can guarantee you that's not gonna happen Y/n."

"You sure?" She questioned

I nodded

"Positive."

The door swung open and Jordan and Brianna ran in the door.

Y/n let go of my hand as Jordan lightly pushed in between us.

"Hey Y/n, how's it feeling?" He asked.

"Not good." She responded.

"Where's Tanner?" I whispered to Brianna.

"He left to go talk to professor sprout about the game, he wants a rematch."

"There's no way they are going to let that happen."

"That's what we have been telling him but he wont listen."

"I see..."

We both looked back over to Jordan and Y/n.

"Do you want me to stay here with you? I don't want you to be alone." Jordan said.

"Oh well I mean Cedric was going to stay but you can now, that might be easier."

"I really don't mind staying Y/n-" I was cut off.

"You've done more than enough to help Ced. It's the weekend, you don't wanna be stuck in the hospital wing with me."

I really did

"So you and Brianna can go find Tanner and try to stop him from harassing every professor in the school, and Jordan and I will stay here. Does that sound good?"

Jordan nodded.

I didn't want to leave Y/n. We are both extremely close and practically never leave each other's side.

"Yeah, I guess that works. I'll come visit you tomorrow though."

"Okay see you then." She responded.

I started walking out and Brianna followed me.

"Where should we look first?" I asked

"Hmmm maybe the herbology classroom?"

"Okay let's go there then."

Y/n's POV

Maybe getting some distance from each other is what Cedric and I need. I'm not going to try and risk everything just because of my indecisive feelings. I can't help but feel guilty for dragging him into my life and involving him in all of my drama. He is always there for me when I need him but what do I give in return? I give him nothing. Absolutely nothing...

There was a girl a couple beds down from us but she got up and left with the help of madame pomfrey. Now the hospital wing was empty except for Jordan and I.

"So after I left what did Ava want?" I asked

"Oh- she apparently just wanted to say sorry, but it was definitely not an apology. It was basically just her insulting everyone and admitting that she hurt you on purpose, which we all knew."