•Chapter 9

I felt tears start to drip down my face.

Did I just lose my best friend because of my own arrogance?

I sat there and quietly cried while thinking of ways I could prove myself to Cedric. My thoughts were soon interrupted by footsteps. I quickly grabbed the invisibility cloak and draped it over myself.

It was Eric and once I realized it was him, I threw the invisibility cloak off of myself. "God Eric, you nearly scared me to death."

"Oh, sorry." he laughed as he sat down next to me.

"How did you know I was up here?" I asked him.

"Well you constantly tell me about your Friday nights in the astronomy tower with Cedric and I noticed him walk back to the common room with a very upset look on his face so I knew I should come up here and see what's going on."

"Awe, well thank you Eric."

"So, wanna tell me what's going on?" He asked.

"It's just that..that... " My thoughts overwhelmed me and bursted into tears

"Y/n, it's okay." He wrapped me in his arms and began to run his fingers through my hair.

"It's just that...I mean I..."

"Y/n, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."

"Okay, thank you Eric, can you just stay here for a little?"

"Yes, of course..." He laid down and propped my head on his chest.

We sat there in silence for a couple minutes while he brushed my hair with his fingers. We were both exhausted and eventually fell asleep.

Before completely falling asleep I heard a small snap, just like the one in the library that day but I was too emotionally drained to even try to investigate.

-

Eric sat up and began tapping my shoulder, "Hey come on, we have to get back to our dorms before anyone notices that we're missing."

I slowly sat up and brushed my hair out of my face. I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. It was 6:30. Everyone usually woke up at 8 so I thought we were good on time.

I also noticed another text from the unknown number.

Strike two

Below it was a picture of me laying on Eric's chest last night.

What the fuck did this person want from me? If it was Ava she already gained Cedric back.

After I set my phone down Eric sat up and held out his hand for me to grab. I grabbed it and he pulled me up. We began walking out of the astronomy tower together.

"Thank you... for being there for me last night," I said while grabbing his hand and intertwining my fingers with his.

"No problem, I'll always be there for you."

I rested my head on his shoulder as we finally arrived at the hufflepuff common room. We walked in and noticed a couple third years sitting at the table in the far corner. They began  lightly whistling at us.

"Take a picture it will last longer." Eric said as he rolled his eyes.

"Well, Wanna meet up later so I can tell you what actually happened instead of crying."

Eric laughed," Sure."

"I'll meet you in the courtyard at noon." I told him.

"Sounds good." he planted a kiss on my head before walking away.

I walked back up into my dorm trying not to wake Blair up. And once i got there I quickly ran into my bed and fell back asleep.

-

I woke back up and the time was 10:30. I got up, took a shower and began getting ready for the day. I threw my hair back and put on an outfit.

The time was now 11:30 and so walked down to the Hufflepuff common room to see Blair sitting on the couch and Cedric and his friends laughing over in a corner.

"You're up late" Blair called out from the couch.

"Yeah I had a long night..."

She was too busy staring at her phone to care about my answer, "Sounds fun, well I gotta get going. I promised I would meet Luke today."

"Oh well alright, see you later. Also tell Luke I say hi."

"Will do." she grabbed her stuff and walked out of the room.

I got up after she left and began walking towards the exit of the common room to go meet up with Eric. Out of pure curiosity I glanced over at Cedric. He noticed and shot me with an angry look.

I didn't want to show how much a simple face had hurt me so I just walked out and pretended as if nothing had happened.

-

After a good long walk I arrived at the courtyard and greeted Eric.

We then grabbed each other's hands and began walking around the school. 

During this time, I explained to him everything that had happened last night and the unknown texts. 

"So let me get this straight, they just sent you a picture of us holding hands and said that?" he asked while pointing at the message I had just shown him.

"Yep...but I had no clue who could have done it. Until I remembered that Cedric and Ava were in the library that morning too. I know it's not Cedric because he would never do something like that so, that leaves Ava. I do believe it's her but I have no proof."

Eric's eyes light up, "So I know how crazy this sounds but what if we just break into Ava's dorm?" 

I raised my eyebrows at him, "Are you serious?"

"Dead serious." I lightly shook my head as to say no. "Come on Y/n, if we get caught just blame it all on me. You'll be fine, I promise."

I debated it in my head for a moment before making my final decision "Well I mean, whats the worst that could happen...lets just do it." I responded

A/n-

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry that it's so short but ill be posting at least one chapter tomorrow. I'm glad that things are starting to get a little more interesting.

If you have any questions just let me know!

The new song stuck in my head is Daddy Issues by The Neighborhood. Another 10/10 song

Thank you all again so much for reading!

-Star :)