Chapter 7: Second Date

Start from the beginning

Liam

We still on for dinner tonight?

When I had woken up an hour later, I woke with a smile to his message and replied.

Of course, I can't wait, which he responded with

Then it's a date. I can't wait to see you later beautiful. I'll be busy in surgery throughout the day, but I'll text you when I can.

In my relationship with Jackson I hated not knowing what was going on. He constantly left me hanging, went out with out telling me, didn't text me for several hours at a time. I wasn't a psycho girlfriend, I didn't need constant contact, but good communication was important to me and Liam really checked off that box.

A knock came at my office door, and I breathed a sigh of frustration before I said, "Come in," thinking it was my boss asking me to do yet another thing that he could easily do myself.

"Evelyn Hayden," a man asked coming into the office with a bouquet of sunflowers in a glass vase.

"Yes," I said standing and moving to meet him at the door.

"This is for you," he said handing me the flowers. "Have a good day," and with that left the room.

I smiled and smelled the flowers. Sunflowers were my favorite. I grabbed the card wishing the bouquet and opened it after placing the flowers on my desk.

Evelyn, I hope these sunflowers bring some sunshine to your day.
-Liam

I smiled as a looked down at his note, talk about the perfect guy. Only one date in, and he was already sweeping me off my feet.

The rest of the day passed by quicker. Whenever, I began to feel down or frustrated I took a look at the flowers and excitement spread from within me that I would get to see Liam tonight.

Several Hours Later

I arrived at Liam's apartment right at 7:00. I rode up the floor to Liam's apartment moving impatiently from one foot to another nervously.

The door dinged that I arrived and moment later they opened and I entered into the foyer of the apartment.

My nose was overtook by the smell of delicious steaks and the pungent smell of garlic filling the air. My ears were filled with the sizzling of food in a searing hot pan and the faint melodies of Sinatra in the background.

I walked in, my heels clapping on the white marbles floor alerting Liam of my arrival.

He looked up from the pan he was searing steak in to meet my eyes. I saw the faintest bite of his lip as he looked at me before smiling.

I let Ana dress me yet again, apparently my choice of jeans and a T-shirt was appalling for a second date to her. I wore a white silky satin tank top house that plunged a little to low for my liking, showing an ample amount of cleavage. She gave me a pair of black skinny jeans that hugged my ass perfectly and paired with it and a pair of strappy pointed heals. She curled my hair in dark loose waves that hung like a black blanket around my face and below my breast. She did a dark Smokey eye and a shade of bright red lipstick to match. I felt sexy, but very unlike myself.

He whistled at me as I walked over. "Wow, how did I get so lucky! You look gorgeous," he exclaimed.

I laughed softly and looked down awkwardly pushing my hair over my shoulder. A warm red blush spread over my cheeks.

He walked over to me and gave me a hug. His cologne smelled amazing and his hard body felt like perfection under my hands. He kissed me on the cheek and then walked back over to the steak to flip it and motioned for me to sit at the counter, to which I obliged.

"This smells amazing," I told him placing my purse on the counter.

"Wait till you taste it," he said cockily, but minutes later when we began to eat his cockiness was well warranted. He made steaks, garlic mashed potatoes, and green beans that were on par with the food at the restaurant we ate at a few nights ago, as well as the same bottle of wine that we had the night of our first date.

After dinner, he asked if I wanted to watch a movie, to which I agreed, knowing though I would regret this late night date the next morning when I woke up to go to work, but I felt myself not wanting to leave Liam, perhaps being a bit tipsy from drinking the whole bottle of wine was part of the cause. We talked during dinner nonstop, and I felt myself getting more and more comfortable with him. He was easy to talk to, caring, compassionate, and sweet, he was everything I wanted when I thought about who I would want to end up with in life.

I felt a warm heat filling from within me of content and happiness as he put the movie in, that I had already forgotten the name of. He settled onto the white leather couch next to me, but not quite touching. I felt disappointed by this and began to get antsy where I sat as the movie began.

The best way to get over someone is to get under someone, Ana's words crept into my mind as the movie played. My brain was telling me Evelyn don't do it, but my body had a mind of its own, thank you alcohol,  and I scooted closer to Liam on the couch.

He shifted and swung his arm over my shoulder and I leaned into his chest. His cologne filled my nose. The warmth of his body wrapped around me. I bit my lip nervously, unsure what to do, I never had been the instigator in these types of situations, but my body had a mind of its own, the liquor clouding my judgement.

I tilted my head up towards him. He immediately took notice and looked down at me too. The room paused around us for a moment I felt. There was no sound, no movement, it was like the movie faded away to nothing, and it was only us. Our eyes were staring at each other, both waiting for the other to react.

He then moved his hand to cradle my face and pulled my face to his and placed his lips on mine. The kiss was soft at first. A bunch a small endless kisses. His lips were like heaven on mine. It was like the were made to fit my own. I felt he was waiting to see if I would stop him again like last time, but this time I wouldn't this time I would trust my body and not overthink things.

When he saw I wasn't going to stop him he adjusted his body and sat up more, and his lips never left mine, the began to devour them hungrily, his tongue slipped in and collided with mine, moving in perfect harmony with mine.

His hands gripped onto my hips tenderly and little fires erupted within me. I felt a spark of bravery and moved my hips against him. He instantly reacted to my movement and took my lower lip in between his teeth and bit softly. I felt my breath hitch in my chest from this. He grabbed me and pulled me into his lap so that I straddled him. His hands found my face and one moved to snake through my hair and gripped it tightly as he pulled me up against him.

He pulled away briefly to look me in the eyes, our noses touching, our mouths only centimeters apart, breathing heavily, "Are you sure you want to do this," he asked his voice all breathy and raspy from our kissing.

All I could do was nod, worried that my lips would deceive me.

"Good," he said and his lips crashed into mine.

What do you think will happen next? Do you think Evelyn will go through with it or chicken out again?

Remember to vote, comment, and share! I love your support!