seven

zach already regretted going to the game.

every single person in the stands was extremley loud and the lights shone very bright that made zach squint and want to break down from a known headache that come sooner or later. although he knew he was just there to get information on how the game went, he knew he would be dragged into sitting next to his new found acquaintances.

he had parked his car in the busy parking lot, paying for ticketing and now roaming the sidewalks his tan mini backpack wrapped around his shoulders and a small notebook his hands to take notes.

he looked over the field standing in front of the fence and looking over the team of boys. he spotted jack immediatley who seemed to be sweating and breathing heavily while talking to his teammate, jonah.

he would admit, jack looked absolutley amazing in a uniform. but he shook his head, turning towards the metal bleachers and finidng his way up the stairs in the crowd. besides, being here was a lot better then being at the place he had to call home.

he noticed daniel and corbyn sitting in the stands, so he hesitantly made his way up to where they were.

politley saying excuse me to everyone around him, when he finally made his way to the two he smiled as they noticed him and sent him a smile back. "do you mind if i sit here?" he questioned pointing to the empty space next to corbyn.

"of course," he smiled. "by the way, i like your outfit." corbyn compliment the brunette boy.

zach blushed from the compliment looking down at the large graphic tee he wore with black sweatpants and basic white vans. "thank you," he sent a soft and no teeth smile.

not seconds later, he noticed a group of three girls coming up in the row of bleachers in front of them and smiling while engaged in a conversation.

"hi guys," he heard the bright voice of an extremly pretty blonde girl, who seemed to lean up and peck daniel's lips while holding two drinks in her hand before handing one to corbyn and one to daniel. zach had heard that corbyn's sister was dating daniel though he had never met her, despite her being in his grade.

"oh my gosh, you must be zach." the girl gushed making zach become extremly shy as he nodded. "i've heard about you!" she excalimed trying not to say too much.

"well, i'm ashely; daniel's girlfriend and corbyn's sister, and this is christina, corbyn's girlfriend, a tatum or tate, jonah's girlfriend." she introduced while zach waved.

"i would introduce myself but you said you already know me so, hi." he smiled with an awkward giggle.

they all returned the smile before sitting down. so i've been mentioned to the friend FRIEND group. wonderful. zach already knew it was going to be a long year.

£

the game was pretty easy to go through. they didn't do much talking just more cheering which zach couldn't say enjoyed but he was just glad the game was over and he got all of the notes he needed.

he had said buy to the boys and the girls, the girls giving him hugs which was terribly awkward but he hugged them back before leaving to look for a player to interview. he would've gladly found jonah but he was sure the brunette would've taken off as soon as possible to shower and see his girl.

as he walked around the sidewalk in search for one of the smelly high school boys in uniforms, he couldn't help but notice how he just happened to spot jack in the distance. it was either that or nothing so zach just decide to muster up some strength and walk over to him.

he was taking careful steps towards him, getting closer and closer by the second before he noticed that jack was already with someone. he was talking to gabbie.

zach blended in with the crowd around him, listening to conversation to he best of his ability while trying to draw attention to himself.

"i want us to get back together." he heard the curly-haired girl say.

"gabbie, i- i don't think that's best."

"what do you mean? there is no harm in it, i didn't mean anything i said."

"gabs, we broke up for a reason. and i'm not going to lie when i say that i think we're honestly better like this."

"what does that even mean?" the girl sounded annoyed.

"i just don't think getting back together is the best option." he sighed respectufully.

"what? did you fall some other girl or something?" she exclaimed clearly frustrated.

before jack could even answer, she interrupted. "don't even answer that, i don't care. maybe you're right, i meant everything i said in those texts. don't talk to me." the girl stormed off.

zach stood with wide eyes. thank god i'm not into girls, they're so dramatic. he rolled his eyes. but, that was defenitly something to go in the drama section of the newspaper.

he finally made his way over to jack, seeing nothing but the boy's back as he faced a certain way. "so maybe girlfriend issues are definetly something to drink too." zach bit his lip as jack finally turned around.

he knew zach was referring to his comment from the night at the part letting out a small snicker. "so you heard all that?" he walked closer to zach till they were face to face leaning onto the fence while looking zach in the eyes.

"sadly and traumatizingly, yes." he replied dramatically that got a small chuckle out of jack.

"so, what's up?" jack asked less anxious than he had been many times before due to the idea that the only thing on his mind was the past conversation between him and his ex.

"well, i came to ask you how you felt about the game but it doesn't seem appropiate now." he played with his fingers.

"no it's fine, go ahead." he responded, but zach could see the look on his face. he was defiently anxious about his and gabbie's conversation.

"it's okay. i'll live, really."

zach smiled softly and took a deep breath before giving the elder a hug. jack acted of suprise but hugged him back as to not be rude, as he didn't know what it was for.

"i'm sorry about you and gabbie, i know how hard break ups can be." he said as jack held him back from under zach's arm.

"i hope you're thankful for this because you're gross." the younger boy grimanced while jack laughed. maybe we can be freinds. thought zach.

the newly dyed brunette smiled as he inhaled zach's scent of vanilla and sugar. "don't worry, i am."

------
*unedited*

[ enjoy this because i haven't showered all day because i've felt like shit. my close friend tested positive for covid and i was clearly exposed so i'm very nervouse but i  can't get a test until 5 days after being exposed and i have to be showing syptoms, but i don't know i've felt really weak and out of it lately so i hope that isn't the case but on monday i go to get tested :/ much love -jayda <3. ]