five

when jack walked through the doors of the school hallway, it felt as if it was paparazzi. people immediately turned to look at him and the chatter of conversations expanded in noise just from his presence.

he mentally rolled his eyes, holding onto his back straps and just increasing his pace. when he made his way to his locker, he let out a relieved sigh when his friends we're already standing there waiting for him. he stopped in front of them, greeting them with head nods and hand shakes before pulling his phone out of his back pocket.

"your the center of attention it seems." jonah pointed out.

the freckled boy just rolled his eyes playfully. "per usual,"

"but more than usual." he added raising an eyebrow and staring down at his phone. he had gotten another text from the girl he seemed to call his girlfriend.

gabbie </3
so you're just not going to answer my texts then
you're an asshole
your lucky that i don't have time for you
you and your bullshit
i never loved you anyway.

the athletic boy sighed and bit his lip, clicking off his phone and putting it away. "why; do you think it's because rumors of gabbie and i are spreading or because i dyed my hair brown."

that's right. jack's 'thing' he wanted to do was dye his hair. he felt that he needed a change from his blonde hair situation. and to be honest he liked himself better with the brown than the blonde.

his friends didn't respond, as if perfect timing the girls showed up. the girls being tatum, christina, and ashley though gabbie had not showed up.

"hey baby," daniel was the first to speak to his girlfriend before giving her a small kiss that led to corbyn scrunching his face in displeasure but holding his own girlfriend by the side of her slim waist. jonah did the same with his, greeting her with a kiss on her temple before she leaned into his side.

the idea of all their relationships made the shortest of them sigh with mixed emotions. his relationship was shit at the moment and there was pretty much nothing he could do about it. not that his friends had liked the curly-headed girl much anyway, but all the girlfriends seemed to be her best friend.

"where's gabbie?" he spoke to no one in general but waited for one of the girl's to answer.

"she told me not to pick her up today so i assume she isn't coming." tatum responded while jack nodded. he didn't know if the girl's knew about their current state when it came to their relationship yet.

"why do you care," jonah groaned. "i thought you were over her."

"yeah, aren't you." daniel looked in question. though he stayed mostly silent as the rest just waited which led him to assume that gabbie had blabbed all of their issues to her friends right away as they didn't seem very phased.

"that's why you slept with that boy, right? because you're over her." corbyn blurted our making the girls look over shocked.

the brunettes eyes widened as he turned to face his other brunette friend. "gosh, go ahead it scream it out for the whole world to hear." he said flustered.

"oh my gosh wow, you slept with a boy?" the blonde besson exclaimed happily yet quietly making jack blush and hide his face. "since when were you not straight? wait who? oh my, does gabbie know?"

"can we not talk about this," he mumbled blushing under his hand that was delicately hiding his face.

"that's him, right?" jonah interrupted, nodding his head over to the short brunette boy with mom jeans, and oversized hoodie, and black converse on.

he was facing his locker so all you could really see was the back of his head at the moment the presence of him along with the teasing of the girls made jack completely forget gabbie and their issues and only focus on her flustered he was.

"is that zach from head of newspaper?" tatum recognized.

"did you give him that hickey? that's massive." christina added.

"guys," he whined to which they finally stopped as the heat in his face just rose.

"you should talk to him." suggested daniel.

"why?"

"because you slept with him and he spent the night." jonah explained, emphasizing the 'and'.

"so?"

"so you should give him a chance." ashley smiled speaking up.

he didn't say much after that, practically zoning out to the point that he didn't even realize that his friends were saying goodbye to their lovers and they had left to go to their classes. and the next thing the freckled knew, he was being dragged by his friends to the other side of the hallway where zach stood.

he fought against his friends' hold but failed letting out a sigh as he practically hid behind the other three.

"hey, it's zach, right?" jonah spoke to the boy gaining his attention to where he turned and shyed down.

"yeah." he responded simply.

"cool. we wondering if you wanted to sit with us at lunch today." jonah questioned making zach turn. jack became more flustered at the idea of his own awkwardness, seeing zach notice him through his vision.

the small brunette cleared his throat nervously, before responding. "sure i guess. um, bye now." he said quickly before turning and walking away.

the tallest of the four turned to face his curly-headed friend with a smile. "see, it wasn't that hard."

------
*unedited*

[ small update because i'm going on a road trip so i'll be busy :) mucho amor -jayda <3. ]