ten

jack thought he had a complicated life. boy, if only he saw what zach had to live with.

after jack and zach's encounter in the bathroom, zach had been tense all day and couldn't wait to leave. when the last period bell rang, he was so happy that his day was almost over. he still had to work so he walked and worked a short shift at the grocery store from four o' clock to seven o' clock.

he tried to get out early so he didn't have to walk home when it was too dark. he didn't have a car for obvious reasons, bu then again he just assumed that's what happens when he has parents who practically hate him and treat him terribly.

it was now around seven-fifteen at night and zach was packing his things and changing into more fitting clothes for weather to leave and walk 'home'. the night was probably more dangerous than comforting, but he had grown to get used to it as the stars covered the dark blue above him and the wind, scattered through the trees and streets making his arms flood with goosebumps.

the half an hour walk felt like nothing as he prett much stayed zoned out, thinking to himself most of the time. stressing about his grades, newspaper, jack avery...

the boy had come to be a recent obsession in zach's mind, constantly thinking about him and what they had going on. but that stopped as soon as he got home. now, he had his own problems to worry about. he looked at the house while jiggling with the keys in his pockets to look for the one that entered the place that looked musty and haunted.

he was thankful the inside wasn't as a bad; the place was suitable for a home. for the most part, the issue was that the place was out of order. it looked like the place hadn't been swept in years and anything that fell just stayed on the ground.

the brunette was careful to walk in, trying not to make noise. he didn't want to wake his parents- the people whom birthed him. zach wouldn't necessarily refer to them as parental figures. nothing was ever physical with them, just verbal. he was convinced they hated him and regretted ever having him; they treated the sweet boy terribly.

the petite boy entered his home and made his way to the room he called 'his'. it was so tiny that the room was practically a closet. he almost felt as harry potter who lived in a cupboard for part of his life.

zach giggled quietly to himself at that, harry potter was indeed one of his favorite series. one of the few things that kept a smile on his face. as he made his way inside the room, he looked around his sighed. the small container that held all his clothes and the layers of blankets and pillows on the floor since his 'parents' couldn't even manage to get him a bed. he sighed. throwing his work things to the side of the container and changing quickly. he decided he would shower in the morning at school figuring he was lucky if he even got some water out of the shower.

he changed into decently comfortable clothes, placing the previous ones in a basket that he would take to a place he could wash his clothes and feel sanitary. the chocolate eyed boy crouched, clicking off the small lamp that had previously been on as the only light. he tucked himself under the blanket and turned to his side with a breath; this was his life.

------
*unedited*

[ sorry if this is bad since i'm just getting back into this writing thing again LOL this is kinda musty but its just to kinda let you know how zach's home life is (plus he pays for most of the things he has) so i hope you enjoyed :D much love -jayda <3. ]