six

zach was dreading lunch. he didn't want to sit with jack and his friends. especially now that they had slept together. but what was i supposed to say? no?

the brunette thought time could go by any quicker as he knew even if he tried avoid the lunch invite they would find him. the only advantage to the situation was it would be beneficial to his newspaper article.

the sports and weekly drama updates on the paper was always his section. he edited and published as well, part of being president, but for the most part, actually getting the job done, those parts were his job to cover.

he shook startled when the bell took him out of his thoughts, making him look up at all the students who were packing up. he slowly did the same, dreadfully putting away his things before he could no longer hide in the classroom.

he sent his teacher a small smile to which they returned before walking out. he held his small backpack with one hand, his computer in the other that he would need for newspaper later that day. he kept his eyes on his toes as to though he was sure to not run into anyone.

the brunette exited the hallway to make his way through the courtyard and towards the lunch area. as he carefully looked around, he was thankful he hadn't spotted the known group. he bit his lip as he walked up to the lunch line, grabbing a quick salad andn heading to an empty table.

before he could even put his stuff down though, he could already notice the group sitting down around him. looking up through hodded eyes, he became anxious though noticed jack didn't look enthusiastic to be there either. his friends probably forced him into this but who am i to be suprised.

he noticed the closeness between the three boys as if they were forcing jack to sit next to zach to which the brunette heard the older let out a chocked grunt before he just sat down.

"hey zach," jonah smiled respectfully. "is it okay if call you zach? or would you prefer zachary?"

he shook his head, clearing his throat before responding. "no, zach is fine."

"how are you?" daniel now spoke up making zach turn his head through curious eyes. i feel like i'm being interrogated.

"i'm fine, nothing special going on."

"i heard you were president of the newspaper, right?" corbyn began to clarify. the brown-eyed boy respectfully nodded, beginning to finish the laying out of his things.

"speaking of which," the brunette muttered shyly; the newly dyed brunette perking up slightly at the voice of the other. "i'm in charge of the sports part of the newspaper, don't you and jack have a game tomorrow?"

it was now thursday meaning the two football players of the friend group had to play a team the next day. zach would find the benefit of having to endure in a whole lunch with four boys.

"uh yeah we do, why do you ask?" jonah answered with a question.

"do you think i could ask you some questions? it won't take long, i just need to be able to have something to publish for monday." he reasoned, looking at the tall boy across from him with his hand over his computer bag.

when the wavy brunette nodded his head, he pulled out his computer, opening the device to the lit up a screen a preparing to type.

"so, it seems that you've played this team before last year and you guys had a really close game. how do you feel about playing them again this year?" the brunette asked as he typed small notes of his questions.

"well, i think that we've most likely got enough skills and new players to beat them." jonah responded. "i didn't really play a lot last year so jack might be better to answer the question." jonah gave zach a soft smile while giving the brown headed boy an unnoticeable wink to which he glared at.

zach swallowed, turning his head over his shoulder to the boy next him. he was just now realizing they were awfully close.

"well, um... i'm sure they improved." jack swallowed harshly. "most of there good players were seniors which means they're all off at college and studying their game strategies they haven't won much so i would say we have a pretty solid chance at winning." he mustered a sentence to which zach was completely satisfied with.

"ok and how confident do you feel as person in your skills?"

"pardon," jack cleared his throat.

"like, how confident are you in your football skills that you feel will affect your game in the sense of winning?"

"oh, um— i'm extremely confident in me and my team." he said looking away. skills made jack's mind go... somewhere else in the sense of what type of skills.

the brunette ruffled his hair, looking up shyly. "i should get going," he let out a nervous laugh.

"that's fine," jonah smiled to which zach returned as he began to pack away his things. "but mayne you can meet up with jack or i after the game? i mean, i'm sure it would be better if you also got our feels after the game, you know?" zach blushed but gave a quick nod, carefully standing up.

jack seemed to be fuming at the constant attempts from jonah to get close to zach but the young one did not notice. "i'll take that as an invite then?" he replied respectfully.

"you can even sit next to us in the stands." corbyn suggested.

"i'll think about then." he said lastly before walking away.

------
*unedited*

[ bad update i'm sorry ☹️ much love -jayda <3. ]