Operation 5-1: Face of Battle

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Wrong. Lungmen is counting on us." She rebuts as she climbs the rest of the stairs.

"Yessir!"

.

.

Climbing the last set of stairs alone, she calms her nerves expecting a confrontation after she opens the door on the top. As she reaches the ominous door, she grips the hilt of her sword firmly and braces herself. Putting her hand on the door knob, she twists it around and pushes it forward, and sees the rooftop of the building.

Stepping outside, she sees a small figure in a distance as it turns back. His small stature with his small cane, paired with a twisted look, he snarls at Ch'en as he menacingly confronts her.

"Good evening, Madam." He coys at her. "You charged straight into my trap. Should I call you brave or just stupid?"

"You have nowhere to run, Reunion commander." She threatens him. 

"Is that so?" Mephisto looked unfazed. "From my perspective, Madam, you are the one who has nowhere to run. My comrades shall devour you." He makes a hidden signal with his left hand.

"Talk is cheap. Show me what you've got. You should never have set foot here, Reunion!" She points her main sword at him and charges instantly.

Mephisto, not expecting the confident advance, instinctively uses his cane to block. Seeing his readable movement, she kicks the cane away and slashes at his shoulder, although on instinct Mephisto leaned out barely saving his arm from being cut off. Ch'en, not giving him any breath, kicked him straight in the stomach sending him flying far before impacting a wall.

"*cough*, agh..." Mephisto winced from the pain.

"You're no match for me!"

"Heh, perhaps I must re-evaluate you're abilities, Madam." His annoying face hadn't faded still.

"That's enough." She walks to him to deliver a crushing blow.

"No, far from it. Faust, give her a shake-down." He breathes, tipping Ch'en off.

"Understood."

"..!"

From out of nowhere, a fast bolt of an arrow whizzed through the air with insane speeds heading towards Ch'en. Realizing her position, she jumps back and narrowly dodges as the bolt pierced the concrete ground. She looks up and sees a man who seemingly shot the arrow.

"Reunion's sniper..." She looks at Faust's cold eyes. 'I even made sure to prepare for ranged attacks, but how does he pack this much firepower?' She surmises as she glances at the arrow mostly lodged on the floor in front of her. "That's not enough to save your life. You'll die before your sniper can land a shot on me."

"He missed that shot on purpose, otherwise you would have been dead Madam. We'll spare your life this once, so take this as a gesture of kindness." Mephisto ticks her off. "Right now, the seeds of unrest have been sown within the LGD. It was your organization's corruption and negligence that gave him the chance to cooperate with us."

"...Reunion scum, you know nothing about this world."

"Were you trying to say something profound? Oh how cute." He pointed his hand at the dead Reunion members on the ground around them. "Come... my guards. Rise!"

As a small trace of white flowy smoke came out of Mephisto's hands, the stream of smoke shrouded the dead bodies around them as the said bodies began to tremble. As his arts circulate within their dead systems, they all start to convulse. In response, the malignant growth of originium crystals pierced through their skin and uniforms as their eyelid shot open, revealing their dead eyes.